713 Fury Warrior

Older applications from previous expansions.

713 Fury Warrior

Postby Gormac » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Character's Name:
Gormac

Class:
Warrior

Server:
Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?:
Fury, but been working on Arms

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:
Got into way about a year and a few months ago, and threw myself into raiding as soon as I could. I was originally on my guild's weekend normal team as a foodless, potless scrub, but I improved quickly and took all the feedback I could get, and was very quickly performing well on their weekday heroic team. On that team we downed 7/7 H HM, and 9/10H BRF. However, I took a short break before my guild killed Blackhand for exams in school. Later I achieved 13/13 H HFC with another guild.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:
I was previously in Autotuned, the guild I am in now, whom I am leaving because their raid times go a bit too late for me (8-11 server) and I wasn't very comfortable with the environment,just being that I knew some of the people, but not others and also that they sort of treated my friends semi-poorly. Previously i was in the guild Leap of Faith, the guild I started raiding in, who then xferred to Korgath for a merger with Southern Hospitality, a guild that then merged with Auto Tuned.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:
Yesm these times will be fine. I will also not need to take a break for school, as the schooling I am doing now is much more flexible.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Ventrilo for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):
I use Elvui for my basic bars and such, and use DBM and TMW for raids.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):
The image loaded a bit to the side, to get the full view just right click and open in new tab or w/e.

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... c/advanced

Why do you wish to join DS?:
I want to push myself as a player and experience the raids in the highest difficulty the game has to offer. I also would like a new guild to call home, and some new people to talk to in WoW.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:
I believe I would be a good addition to DS because I hold myself to the highest standards, and am constantly looking for ways to improve the fights, or reduce needed healing on me in difficult sections with a defensive stance/shield barrier macro, or heroic leaping to cheeze mechanics, etc. I am also doing everything I can to improve my character with the new patch, running mythic dungeons, daily heroics, and completing the timewalking events, and if need be I will run the LFR wings as well. Lastly I have been known as one of the funniest people in previous raid groups, and have helped cheer people up after multiple wipes or missing members.(eg. player Stickymisty is gone, rumors of them being on date, "Ooooh, sounds like someone's getting Sticky~"
Previous MMORPG Experience?:
Mostly just WoW, I did play SWTOR for about a month, which was fun, but didn't really grab my attention long term past any of the questing content.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:
My real name is Keyth, and I am 18. I currently live in LA, and attend a widely verified homeschool program. When i'm not playing WoW, I'm either play League with and sometimes without friends, or i'm practicing guitar(which I've been playing for 4 years now) or I'm hanging out w/ my GF (2 yr 7 mo) and watching youtube.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)
I simply browsed some of the top guilds on Korgath, and your name just popped out at me.
Gormac

Re: 713 Fury Warrior

Postby Amdir » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:29 pm

Your UI and tmw's look good. The stats on your character check out except you seem to have a bit more multistrike than I would like to see, but the only thing that really matters is crit to 30% then mast. Also do you have the class trinket? I see that it is not equiped and that may be because the last fight you did was a aoe fight. One thing I noticed is that you took AM with avatar. From my experience I have gotten the best results with Seigebreaker and Avatar, and use AM with Bladestorm fights. If you happen to have any logs I would be interested to see them.

Also love the fact that your pets all match.

Edit:
Any reason you are taking wind and thunder? I would replace that with raging wind.
Amdir

Postby Stronkendary » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Amdir wrote:Your UI and tmw's look good. The stats on your character check out except you seem to have a bit more multistrike than I would like to see, but the only thing that really matters is crit to 30% then mast. Also do you have the class trinket? I see that it is not equiped and that may be because the last fight you did was a aoe fight. One thing I noticed is that you took AM with avatar. From my experience I have gotten the best results with Seigebreaker and Avatar, and use AM with Bladestorm fights. If you happen to have any logs I would be interested to see them.

Also love the fact that your pets all match.

Edit:
Any reason you are taking wind and thunder? I would replace that with raging wind.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... st/#boss=0
Stronkendary

Postby Gormac » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:20 am

Yea about my char's current setup; I mostly just changed talents and glyphs to what is the most convenient for old content and shitting around in daily heroics, but my actual talents and glyphs are on a fight by fight basis (eg I take AM + Avatar on gorefiend b/c I can get an avatar off outside of feast and occasionally two avatars inside of feast). I unfortunately do not have the class trinket, or even my other BiS trinket(empty drinking horn) simply because when those dropped during my previous raiding (which was, unfortunately, about two months ago) other had higher loot priority than me. One other thing I want to mention is that most if not all of my logs are from when I was 5-8 ilvls lower. In most cases that is insignificant, but those 5-8 ilvls came from a big weap upgrade(10ilvls), 4pc, and wf trinket replacing Kazzak trinket. Last thought: I mostly base my talent and glyph choices off a combination of previous experience and successes, youtuber asmongold, IcyVeins, and askmrrobot's most commonly taken talents and glyphs to consider things I haven't tried
before. Thank for you the quick response!
p.s.:Ty Stronkendary for linking my logs
Gormac

Postby Gormac » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:01 am

I guess that is a no then?
Gormac

Postby Nahela » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:28 am

Sorry for the delay, at this time we won't be able to offer you a trial. Melee space is at a premium given the current encounter/class design. Without previous Mythic experience, and us already having 2 consistent DPS Warriors, it doesn't seem like a good fit.

Best of luck in your guild search.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Return to Archived Applications