Marijka - 900 Balance Druid

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Marijka - 900 Balance Druid

Postby pyralisha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:37 pm

Character's Name: Marijka

Class: Druid

Server: Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?: Balance

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!: I started playing/raiding in WotLK, clearing 10-man heroic and 25-man normal. In Cataclysm, I moved into a position of co-raid leader/strategist for one of two 10-man groups, doing all normal content and some heroics. At the beginning of Dragon Soul, our guild transferred to Korgath. With new recruits we cleared 8/8H. In MoP, we raided normal Tiers 14 and 15 and 10/14H Siege of Orgrimmar (prior to the flex-heroic-mythic change). Over half the raid team quit for Warlords, so after a lot of regrouping, I led a team of 10-15 through heroic HM, BRF, and 5/13 HFC. At this time, I unfortunately had to take a long break from the game for personal reasons. I returned about a month after Legion launch and am currently 7/7M EN (sadly missed Cutting Edge), 1/3M ToV (Guarm) and 2/10M NH.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important: I was in <The Drift> from December 2009 until January 2017. We were originally on Mal'Ganis alliance (fun...) but transferred as a guild for the higher population on Korgath (at the time...). I joined <Not Quite Right> in January because The Drift only has about three people with active subs now, and I wanted to raid with a steady group again. <NQR> recently disbanded and transferred factions/servers.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?: Yes, I can make those times. I have one minor issue that I need to discuss privately with an officer/raid leader/guild leader.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs): I have Discord. For raiding, I use DBM, Skada, Quartz cast bar, and WeakAuras, but I also use a few other addons for personal customization (Bartender, Prat, Grid, Clique).

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):
http://i.imgur.com/8lCTKHD.jpg

Show us a screenshot of your Artifact tree:
http://i.imgur.com/7ThIdsA.jpg

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... a/advanced
*Armory still shows my legendary shoulders as 910, but they are 940.
*I also have a 901 single-target set that involves switching around tier pieces, legendaries, and a trinket.

Why do you wish to join DS?: I am looking for a new raiding guild and DS was recommended by some of my former NQR guildmates.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?: I have played my balance druid since I started playing the game, so I have been through the ups and downs and many changes over the years. I routinely sim my character, and I try my best to stay up-to-date on current meta and theorycrafting. I like to think I'm a dedicated raider who always shows up prepared (Illidan joke?). I have a resto offspec (45 traits) that I mostly use for M+, but am willing to step into that role if needed in the future.

Previous MMORPG Experience?: WoW was my first MMO, but I played Star Wars: The Old Republic for a few months after its launch.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!: I'm 29 and currently live in a small town in the Midwest. (It's pretty boring around here.) I have degrees in Linguistics and Teaching English as a Second Language. Unlike most of my other friends, I didn't really play video games when I was growing up, so I always felt kind of "out of the loop," but that (somewhat) changed when I started playing WoW. (((I like parentheses.)))

Oh, and Marijka is pronounced "ma-RYE-ka." I get a lot of "ma-ridge-ka" and "mar-jee-ka." It's okay. I'm used to it.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc): Gravelhead, Hug, Lavi, Momimfamous
pyralisha

Re: Marijka - 900 Balance Druid

Postby Husky » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:49 pm

Marjika started off as a backup in NQR who was very solid mechanically but sometimes lacked the DPS. She quickly evolved into core raid member as she quickly learnt and honed her skills to become one of our top ranged DPS (and even ended up passing our other core Boomkin in DPS) who was mostly mechanically flawless. Extremely solid performer in my opinion as she is always ready to dedicate the time to become a better player. She would make a great addition to our roster considering our current struggle with ranged DPS and lack of a Boomy.
Husky

Postby Gravelhead » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:53 pm

We did a few mythic +s with her and realized she was good. Solid dps and great at following mechanics. We invited her into the NQR raid and despite having less gear than our existing boomkin, she quickly outperformed them. I think she'd make a great asset to the guld. Scouts honor and such. :P

i dont type a lot of the things so this means good. things.
Gravelhead

Postby Intol » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:17 am

Hey Marijka,

Thanks for the app.

Honestly all looks good stat-wise, looks like you have an accurate tracking mechanism for empowerment/moon stacks, and you're properly enchanted.

Love seeing you have an alternate set for single target DPS, that's a huge help (on fights like Krosus).

I'm not seeing any issues at first glace.

Logs for Reference:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/k4rGXWqKT6tvcbyQ#

Spell usage looks good to me as well.

PS: I'm jealous of your shoulders, they're amazing for guardian (amusingly enough).
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to forget to watch for fight mechanics when you're asking someone how they could possibly be so stupid as to have missed said fight mechanics."
Intol

Postby Stronkendary » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:32 am

Looks good to me!
Stronkendary

Postby Kattii » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:25 am

When one door closes, another opens :lol:

Everything looks solid to me and nice praise from others. Next time you are on you can ask for an invite from someone in leadership!
Kattii
Recruitment Manager

Return to Recruitment/Apply