Zeta 897 Mage

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Zeta 897 Mage

Postby Zeta » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:27 pm

Character's Name: Zëta (alt+137, assuming you don't just copy and paste it)

Class: Mage (Arcane)

Server: Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?:

--I generally stick to arcane for most boss fights, but do fire for Skorpyron and frost for Elisandre/Bot

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:

--This expansion I got AOTC yesterday and was 4/7 mythic EN. I missed a lot of WoD, but in Pandaria I was part of the top 3 guild before school and job pulled me away from the game. Before that I was the GM on a different server and pushed hardest content to be top 5. I've been around since Vanilla when I got into the game, but only did MC way back when.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:

--I am currently in (looking to leave) the guild "Something Stupid". I've been an officer in the guild since we made it in late December/early January. Overall I'm extremely unhappy and no matter what I do (or did) as an officer it never improved. The other day I asked to step down as an officer because it was clear that my input was never heard and was overall frustrating. On this list included people just not caring about doing their best in our guild. We would have raiders not double pot on progression bosses, not bring the highest quality food to raid, not watch videos before going in, not pay attention when the fight was explained (we had to tell probably 5+ different people several times to have at least 4 in bonds). In addition the other officers didn't seem to find it a problem that now that we're looking to push mythic content we have some of our "mythic" raiders at something like trait 40. I'm by no means a hardcore raider, but the fact that it was clear people didn't care about pushing themselves was what I had an issue with. In addition, our last raid night with our heroic Gul'dan kill, our GM decided to use the remaining 1:30 hours of raid time to go raid heroic EN instead of even trying mythic skorpyron. I would like to make the most out of the times that I dedicate to raiding.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:

--Yes

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):

--I use DBM and discord which from what I see are the big ones. Other than that I use weakauras to help raiding. Most other addons are quality of life for me.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):

--I will post these tomorrow if you're interested. I am unable to get to my desktop at the moment, but wanted to get an application in ASAP.

Show us a screenshot of your Artifact tree:

--Due to the above I can get this tomorrow. You're welcome to take this link to WoWprogress, but it appears it has read my "frost" weapon not my arcane, unless it updates sometime by the time you check it. I'm 42 in frost and 54 in arcane. https://www.wowprogress.com/character/u ... /Z%C3%ABta

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:

--http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Z%C3%ABta/simple

Why do you wish to join DS?:

--I think I explained a good portion of this in the what guilds was I in. I decided to apply to DS because your raid times fit my schedule most of all. I'm a teacher on central time, so raiding until 10pm and waking up at 4-6 am is do-able. You also said something about you guys being a family. My current guild is very split and clicky where a lot of our raiders are actually a family and don't really do anything with others, then we have people who literally just log onto raid, and others who just do things together and it's not a good feeling of unity.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:

--I am constantly looking to push myself harder. If you look at my parses a lot of them I'm 70th percentile or above. Even on our Gul'dan kill where I was decently ranked I'm not happy with myself. I enjoy helping guildies out (I re-reolled this x-pac from DH to mage because we needed ranged) and am regularly active.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:

--WoW since launch, I also dabbled in guild-wars too

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:

--I am a high school science teacher (which is why it really bugs me when raiders have to ask the same question like 5 times! I get that enough during the day!) I spend a lot of my time on WoW and don't play many other games. It's the way I enjoy spending my time and am always looking for others to have fun with in the game as well. I eat way to much pizza and probably drink too much beer/whiskey. I have two dogs named after geeky things (Fullmetal Alchemist and Game of Thrones). I'm really not sure what else you'd like...I can send you my online dating profile if you'd like? We can be Tinder matches!?!?

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)

--Realm Forums
Last edited by Zeta on Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeta

Re: Zeta 897 Mage

Postby Stronkendary » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks for the app, im sure someone will get back to you soon!

Logs for reference
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 77/latest/
Stronkendary

Postby Nahela » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:06 am

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to fill out the app thoroughly. It was a little hectic on the IRL for some of us today, but I wanted to make sure to get in a note to make sure you know that leadership has seen this. If you can get those UI shots uploaded at some point, that would be fantastic.

Mage isn't my forté, but at a glance you seem to have things in order and look like you'd be a pretty good fit. Lack of experience is my only real concern, but if you're a quick learner that's a hurdle that can easily be overcome.

Gets the thumbs up from me!
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Korona » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:40 am

Zeta wrote: probably drink too much beer/whiskey. I have two dogs named after geeky things (Fullmetal Alchemist and Game of Thrones).

I like this guy....

Logs look good, gear looks good, definitely picked the correct spec for NH, as Arcane/Frost is favoring more than Fire currently.

On pace with me with AP, as I have 54 in Fire, 43 Frost (swapping to main spec), and 35 in Arcane. I'm too much of an altoholic.

I'd like to see him in action. Thumbs up from me.
Korona

Postby Zeta » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:48 pm

Okay, there are screenshots...tinypic seems to have cut them off weirdly...but that's the "gist" of it. If you want the whole thing let me know. As you can see I run with a pretty basic blizzard/WA UI. The less cluttered my screen the better. If you'd like me to go do LFR to see where my DBM is or whateve I can, but it's off to the right and as they get bigger they go below my character bar, but I've been thinking about putting them a little to the left of all the blizzard/WA proc stuff. Not sure what you're looking for, but if there's any addons that you think would be helpful I'm more than willing to check them out. I was thinking about the Xorsus one, but not entirely sure about it currently
Zeta

Postby Stronkendary » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Looks great!
Gets the thumbs up from me as well.
Stronkendary

Postby Nahela » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Zeta wrote:The less cluttered my screen the better ... Not sure what you're looking for, but if there's any addons that you think would be helpful I'm more than willing to check them out. I was thinking about the Xorsus one, but not entirely sure about it currently

That's basically the majority of what we're looking at: Does someone have a setup that tracks what they need to track but can actually see. Sometimes I see people with UIs that leave about 2 inches of viewing space and it's often a telltale sign they're going to die to everything.

You'll need Exorsus for sure, even if you just leave it running idle, we use it for notes, marks, and occasionally extra boss modules (it's a pretty handle and low-memory addon).

I think we're set to go here for a Trial! if you'd like to get in contact with a member of leadership we can get you setup. Do note that we're mid-week here though, so we may not be able to immediately fit you into the raid this cycle, but we could certainly get you invited and settled in for guild stuff. We typically have trials go for Heroic/Farm first to test the waters and get acquainted, though the possibility is always there.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Zeta » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:03 pm

That sounds great! I'm totally fine with being on the "bench" until I prove myself or need to step in. I'm not asking to come in and get into a mythic team immediately, but I'd like the possibility of doing so to be there more than anything else. So by trial if I have it correct you mean I'll join y'all then run heroic/farm content with you. Just tell me who to whisper in game!
Zeta

Postby Xella » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:54 am

Nahela or Kattii are your best bets in-game, though we may have a couple more invite-capable people now? Not 100% sure, but if you don't see those two specifically someone else in guild can probably point you in the right direction if someone else is available; I think everyone of Staff rank or above can invite. Not that you can see that from out of guild, but y'know :P

The primary four? differences between a trial and a full member are that you are slightly more likely to be sat for progression content with a hard player cap or in situations where we're running into a strict time constraint (this can change pretty quickly depending on raid comp and how well you've done in what we've seen you in to that point), typically have less of a chance of being awarded highly-contested loot via loot council, your guild repair limit and guild bank withdrawals are more limited (this may not actually be true anymore, now that I think about it?), and you won't have as much access to the members-only sections of the forums, which includes a recruit discussion section where people with different perspectives can share what they've noticed about you and your performance and how well you mesh/don't mesh with the guild, but also includes scintillating sections like the PvP corner, which nobody's posted in since February of 2014 :P You'll still get some access to things like the raid strat and class/role-specific forums, once you get fully set up.
Basanti: Beast Mastery hunter, but mostly just bad. Also Primary Web Monkey.
Xella
Official Web Monkey

Postby Zeta » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:28 am

Thank you so much for the clarification. I was invited last night, but it's still good to know. Now I have to read the book that was sent to me in PM. What a way to welcome the new guy!
Zeta

Postby Razvy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:50 pm

The transmog isn't very good. Change plz.
Razvy

Return to Recruitment/Apply