890 Survival Hunter: Miley!

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

890 Survival Hunter: Miley!

Postby Miley » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:15 am

Character's Name: Disgusting/Lewdest

Class: Survival Hunter/Mage - I prefer playing Survival Hunter, but if you want me on my mage that's fine too.

Server: Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?: Survival Hunter/Frost Mage - I like playing underdog specs!

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!: Mythic raiding back in Siege of Orgrimmar, otherwise casual raiding.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important: Nap Time. It was a casual raiding guild progressing through Siege of Orgrimmar back in Mists of Pandaria. We were just progressing through Mythic and didn't get stuck on any bosses, but we took a break one week after clearing the second wing and no one came back. Rest in RIP in peace, guild.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?: Yes, those times work for me. I'm unemployed, so I have lots of free time.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs): I use Discord and Curse for voice, Weak Auras for tracking buffs, Recount to track DPS, Tidy Plates for better combat plates, and Shadowed Unit Frames to make my unit frames easier to see, and Deadly Boss Mods for important raid/dungeon information, Mik's Scrolling Combat Text to see damage of specific skills.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice): http://imgur.com/a/SJ22f

Show us a screenshot of your Artifact tree: http://imgur.com/a/SJ22f

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:
Hunter: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ing/simple
Mage: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... est/simple

Why do you wish to join DS?: I want to raid! I really enjoy the social aspect of raiding, and the challenge is a lot of fun too.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?: I'm the #1 Survival Hunter on the server... also the only Survival Hunter on the server. I do great DPS, and have a PvP background (Legion S2 Elite) that has helped me a ton with watching key skills/mechanics to avoid or take advantage of.

Previous MMORPG Experience?: I've played many MMOs: TERA, Elder Scrolls Online, Black Desert Online, Dungeon Fighter Online, Dragon Nest, Tree of Savior, and I've beta tested many of them; however, I've never played them competitively.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!: I'm Miley! I've been playing WoW since TBC, with a few breaks, and always loved PvP. I'm currently trying to get in better shape with Gym+Exercise+Diet. I have an associates degree from a community college.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc): I'm in the guild! I'm friend of Bread and thought I would apply to raid.
Miley

Re: 890 Survival Hunter: Miley!

Postby Korona » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:57 am

I ran some Mythic Dungeons & Normal NH raid with him. From what I experienced, excellent player, though the only downfall is being Bread's friend, as we all hate Bread (JK LOVE YOU BUD).

Also to note, you did work on your Survival Hunter. Your DPS was nuts.

Personally, I'd love to you see you on your mage, as getting more ranged in our squad is nice. Frost is actually in a decent spot for Mythic NH, as it is much better than Fire in ST/Priority Target, and the cleave is competitive too.

I give a thumbs up.
Last edited by Korona on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korona

Postby Kattii » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:22 am

Rejected because Miley
Kattii
Recruitment Manager

Postby Breadzie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Obv reject kattii rejection cuz kattii.

Despite the obv deplorable lack of personality from any one that's been on my f list for a couple of years, Miley is a solid player. He likes to play the opposite of the flavor of the month. He was playing arcane at the beginning of the expansion and beating most Fire mages... idk how or why but he makes it work. Core raider with me back in SoO, was always on for raid and knew his role/class etc.

Miley came to normal NH this past Sunday. Despite no raid gear was able to hang with the dps. I'll find logs when I'm not on mobile. While a melee dps is prob the last thing we want, we're looking for solid/competent raiders and Miley is one.

One yes vote from me.
Breadzie

Postby Stronkendary » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:58 pm

IMO We need people, and it's worth a shot.
It's hard to tell obviously because normal, but here are the logs from Normal NH with our guild.
Pretty easy to compare DPS to our raiders and see that it's pretty good.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CJ ... amage-done
Stronkendary

Postby Superchat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Did some M+'s with him, he used Butchery, it was super effective.
Superchat

Postby Odds » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Cool dude and from what i've seen a solid player. We lose nothing for adding trials and maybe even motivating other players in the guild to perform better since we will have a healthier bench.
Odds

Postby Intol » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Pretty Badass DPS from what I've run with him this week.

Should try to get him in on heroics tonight, since he's already in guild.
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to forget to watch for fight mechanics when you're asking someone how they could possibly be so stupid as to have missed said fight mechanics."
Intol

Postby Berith » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Has run normal with us, and some Mythic+.

Def trial material.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 84/latest/
Berith

Postby Purpledrink » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:15 pm

I've only ran a few mythic+s and i think a normal NH with him... But i was impressed with his numbers playing Survival.

He's already in the guild. Definitely worth a shot.
Purpledrink

Return to Recruitment/Apply