ReverendDude 870 Resto Shaman

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

ReverendDude 870 Resto Shaman

Postby ReverendDude » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:15 pm

Character's Name: ReverendDude

Class: Shaman, I mainly play restoration but I enjoy all the specs.

Server: Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?: Restoration

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!: This xpac I've healed almost exclusively clearing Emerald Nightmare on heroic for a few weeks but our guild had player issues and we couldn't transition into mythic. In WoD I played a Prot Paladin and cleared highmaul on heroic and pushed into mythic, nothing crazy just 2/7 and some close wipes on the fungus guy. I healed in Cata on a disc priest just pugging whatever I could get into.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important: Currently I'm in Nocturnum and have been since the start of WoD, the guild is great (I've popped in a few times just to say hi to people while not playing) and I have no complaints other than they don't want to push hard content and are genearlly fine with sitting on heroic for a few weeks. However, I'm of the opinion that if we aren't wiping and learning and being challenged raiding quickly becomes boring. I had to take a step back from WoW after a few weeks of clearing EN due to finishing up school but now that life is less hectic I'm eager to try something new and this patch looks like the perfect time to do it.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?: I live in CST already so these raid times are perfect for me, I play in the afternoons and depending on the day will play well into the night.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs): I use elvUI, Skada, DBM, I've made myself some custom Weakauras as well which you'll see in my combat screenshot.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):http://imgur.com/a/BHZi4

Show us a screenshot of your Artifact tree: http://imgur.com/a/VPwYr

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Reverenddude/simple

Why do you wish to join DS?: So I've been on this server for awhile now and when I first started playing WoD I was running heroics with my guild and everyonce in awhile a shadow priest from DS (forget the name) would join us to get some gear. Man, was he good, crushing meters, helping us out with mechanics, fun person to chat with. Later I was told that the guild he was in was pretty dang good, like top of the server good, and I wanted to be apart of that. Hanging out with fun people, nerding out, and downing some hard content. I also like to browse wowprogress to check in on both the world first races as well as see where I stand in comparison to the server, I constantly see Draconic Savant going x/y(M) and I'm always a little disappointed I'm never in that group.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?: Well I'll skip the usual forum application posts saying that I'm fun, laid back, no drama, all that jazz. I'm a consistent player that constantly see's my short comings and I want to improve. Staying status quo isn't why I play games, I like to get better, I like to compete, and if I get to compete with a group of people that I get along with and want to log on even to just say hi, then that's the dream in my book.

Previous MMORPG Experience?: Only casually played other MMO's nothing to talk about.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!: I'm a recent college graduate with a degree in physics and I'm still figuring out the next stage of life. I'm spending time learning AutoCAD to find a job and hopefully stave off getting a master's degree. I like hiking/camping, although you wouldn't know it by looking at me, and I'm still depressed that the Packers didn't show up to play against the Falcons.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc) Like I said above I heard about this guild through doing heroic's with one of your Shadow Priests along with me being on Korgath for awhile now so I tend to see people grouping up outside raid entrances.

Since I didn't see a question about this I'm attaching a link to my personal logs I took, they're a little dated but incase anyone was curious about raw data I'll leave them here. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/userreportslist/59667/

Thanks for reading and considering me, if you have any further questions, concerns, or want to laugh at my football misery send me a tell at my BNET: ReverendDude#1302
ReverendDude

Re: ReverendDude 870 Resto Shaman

Postby Stronkendary » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Thanks for the application!
I'm sure our higher ups will get back to you ASAP on your application status.

Here's his rankings for heroic EN
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 217227/10/

Dunno if we really need ANOTHER packers fan in the guild though.
:Thinking:
Stronkendary

Postby Intol » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Everything looks decent based on logs/enchants and all that nonsense.

Other than being pretty behind on artifact levels, I'm a fan.
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to forget to watch for fight mechanics when you're asking someone how they could possibly be so stupid as to have missed said fight mechanics."
Intol

Postby Nahela » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:12 pm

The biggest potential snags I see here are lack of Mythic experience as a healer and the Artifact. Gear is easy, enough leftovers drop that catching someone up is generally a non-issue as long as they can reasonably survive the encounter. Artifact is mostly personal responsibility though. If you can put in the effort to get that caught up, then it should be fine, but the vast majority of that will end up having to be done on your own time simply due to the nature of the system.

Short version: Seems good to me
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby ReverendDude » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Just popping back in to address the Artifact Level issue which was my biggest fear when applying. I'm in a place right now where I can spend a fair amount of time getting it back up to a respectable level. Between clearing the map everyday of AP and grinding out M+ again I'd imagine it's pretty doable though, as mentioned, would take effort and time on my part.
ReverendDude

Postby Kattii » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:54 pm

Yea as long as your artifact knowledge is maxed out or close to it ap will be easy to get. I'm all for us trialing you. You can bug either me or naha for an invite when your on
Kattii
Recruitment Manager

Postby ReverendDude » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:01 am

Sounds good, I'll be on all day tomorrow so I'm sure I'll be able to grab one of you at some point. Suppose I need to go study up and make sure I'm good for tomorrow then.
ReverendDude

Return to Recruitment/Apply