875/880 Enhancement Shaman

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

875/880 Enhancement Shaman

Postby Nuukgaz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Character's Name:
Nuukgaz

Class:
Enhancement Shaman

Server:
Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?:
Enhancement

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:
I started in vanilla, but played very casually back then. In WoTLK, I began to raid seriously, and was in a top server 10 guild (at the time) on Korgath during ICC. I took an extended break right before Cataclysm, and during that time the guild I was in disbanded. Legion has been the 1st expansion in a while that I've really enjoyed, but I've had trouble finding a guild that is stable. I was part of Lost Chapter, where we progressed through heroic EN, and downed Nyth on mythic. Some members of the guild then broke off and switched to Horde on a different server, so I began a search for a new guild. In November, I joined Vox Radix, and was a part of their main mythic raid group as we downed 4/7M EN. However, over the past few weeks, the guild has slowly died and a bunch of officers as well as the guild leader decided to quit raiding. I'm really looking for a guild that knows how to have a good time, but is also focused on progression when it comes down to it. I consider myself a good player; I do make mistakes, but I make sure to quickly adjust and learn fights so that I don't make those mistakes again.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:
As stated above, I have been in 3 guilds through Legion, and have only left these guilds when they have decided that they are no longer doing progression raiding. I always join a guild hoping that it will be the last time I have to go through the application process, but it seems as though I haven't been able to find a guild where that is the case this expansion.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:
Yes, these times work for me. This was the raid schedule that we had in Vox Radix, and I had an almost 100% attendance rate.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):
I use Skada, Titan Panel, Pawn, DBM, Bagnon, Grid2, OmniCC, Tidy Plates, WeakAuras 2, some addons for M+ and farming (herbalism)

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):
http://imgur.com/a/YO0XM

Show us a screenshot of your Artifact tree:
http://imgur.com/a/8HAeX

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... gaz/simple

Why do you wish to join DS?:
It seems as though your guild has been progressing well, and you raid times match up with the amount of time I'd like to spend on progression per week. Also, one thing I look for when applying to guilds is a long application, because recruiting new members should not be an easy process; I like that your app asks a lot of questions :P

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:
I am a dedicated raider, that always strives to be the best possible. By this I mean I use sims to maximize my DPS, I make sure that my Theorycrafting is always up to date for my spec, I'm always prepared for raid (as far as consumables go), and I try my best to learn fights before they are attempted. In addition, I have pride in that I quite rarely make the same mistake twice.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:
Other than WoW, I played Wildstar for a while when it was in Beta, dabbled in SWTOR, and played some Black Desert.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:
I'm a pretty laid back guy from Colorado, 24 years old and currently in Grad School for Chemistry. Not to sound cliche, but I hate drama (I play this game to have fun and get away from all the stupid bullshit that life sometimes entails), and I'm honestly looking for a cool group of people to spend 3 nights a week killing some shit. I play a little DoTA as well, but I haven't been as much lately just because of the toxicity in the community. Playing Legion has reminded me of all the great things that WoW has to offer, from the camaraderie, to the sense of accomplishment that's unmatched by any other game out there; there's really no other comparable feeling to getting 20 people together to accomplish a singular goal.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)
wowprogress.com

I noticed you guys didn't ask for logs, but here is a link to them if you are interested. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 647465/10/
If you have any other questions, feel free to add me (RexRee#1490) and we can talk. I have Discord, TS, and Mumble as well if you would like to voice chat.
Nuukgaz

Re: 875/880 Enhancement Shaman

Postby Intol » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:13 am

Hi Nuukagz!

Thanks so much for filling out our application so thoroughly, as well as providing logs. That's super helpful.

I just wanted to let you know that this application has definitely been read. I'll see if one of our resident shaman are around to take a peek at this, as well as Kattii, our Recruitment Officer.

Admittedly weekends tend to be our slower days on the forums, but someone with authority should hopefully be getting back to you in the next 24 hours or so.

Again, thanks for the thorough app.
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to forget to watch for fight mechanics when you're asking someone how they could possibly be so stupid as to have missed said fight mechanics."
Intol

Re: 875/880 Enhancement Shaman

Postby Kattii » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:57 am

Thank you for your interest in our guild. At this point in time we have too many melee. We are looking for range and another healer to round out our roster for Nighthold. I wish you the best of luck in your search for a new guild
Kattii
Recruitment Manager

Return to Recruitment/Apply