Salpedross, 877 eq./885 bag Fire Mage

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Salpedross, 877 eq./885 bag Fire Mage

Postby Salcerdos » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:55 pm

Character's Name:

Salpedross

Class:

Mage

Server:

Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?:

Fire

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:

Vanilla: All raid content
TBC: All raid content up to, but not including, sunwell.
WotLK: All raid content
Cata/MoP: Skipped expansions
WoD: HM (4/7m), BRF (6/10m), HFC (13/13h)
Legion: EN (7/7h), ToV (3/3n)

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:

Grown Ups (WoD, Legion): Guild with several RL friends within. Great people, however I would like to get back into mythic progressive raiding, and find their end time of 11:30am Server (1:30am local) too difficult with work 6 hours later.

Draconic Savant: Joined DS near the end of HM...and raided with the guild throughout BRF. I wasn't really taking great care of myself IRL at the time, and burnt out prior to HFC...took a year off, and renewed sub with Legion.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:

These times worked awesome for me before, and I would love the extra hour and a half of sleep compared to where I was currently trying to raid (8:30 CST-11:30 CST). I work M-F 8-4 local so will never miss a raid.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):

Alot of minor UI and QoL ones, however main ones for raiding are: DBM, TellMeWhen, Skada. I also primarily use Discord.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):

http://imgur.com/a/xeY4B

Show us a screenshot of your Artifact tree:

http://imgur.com/a/gvcPO (Complete, 400k from 36)

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:

Note that I have almost two completely diff sets of gear, one for single target (Crit>Haste>Vers>Mast) and one for AOE/Mythc+ mostly (Crit>Mastery>Vers>Haste)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Salpedross/advanced
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us ... Salpedross
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 13550/10/#

Why do you wish to join DS?:

I've only been in two guilds since returning for WoD: Grown Ups and DS. DS surprised me, as I had always associated high-end mythic/heroic raiding as being a job, with little fun. The guild was extremely well run, with a very competent core, but also fun to be in.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:

Although I only started playing fire again (I say again, as I played fire way back in vanilla) for Legion, I feel I know the class extremely well, and have numbers to back it up with my logs. I'm missing crucial DPS gear like Shard of the Exodar, Bindings, Sinew, Ruby, and will still produce. My Equipped ilvl is a little low (872) due to the current nature of secondary stats. I use simcraft to determine optimal gear.

One concern that DS may have with my application is a lack of recent Mythic raiding experience. I have had trouble committing to that because of the raid schedule of GU, but have worked extremely hard at keeping up via Mythic+. Have completed 200+ of those, which has helped get me to server #3 mage in terms of AP gained.

I feel that I'm a nice person, and easy to get along with. I try to stay away from Drama.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:

None.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:

33, from Nova Scotia Canada. Have a cat. Enjoy building computers....recently splurged on a GTX 1080 and an Acer Predator 144hz/1440p GSYNC monitor. So i'm also broke .

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)

Previous experience.

Last edited by Salcerdos on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Salcerdos

Re: Salpedross, 872 eq./880 bag Fire Mage

Postby Korona » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:17 am

From a brief look over:

Gear-wise is good, with the correct gems & enchants. You know the appropriate stat priorities for ST & AoE situations. I have multiple sets of gear because of this as well.

Damage looks good for ilvl/gear, as I am in the same boat for Legendaries. Also in agreement in missing crucial DPS gear. Mage's big damg really comes from said items you listed, but Blizz loves their RNG.

Looking over logs, your CD usage is great. I am curious as to why you run Pyromaniac on every boss. Outside of Nythendra & Ursoc, I found Conflag to be a much better option for the cleave.
You take very little damg, which is something I always admire (who can do high dps and take the least amount of damg).

Your AP gain is impressive. Though I must ask with the 7.1.5 changes to all 3 specs, how many traits do you have in Frost and Arcane? What are your thoughts with these changes, primarily to Fire?
Korona

Postby Salcerdos » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:59 am

Hey Korona,

Looking over logs, your CD usage is great. I am curious as to why you run Pyromaniac on every boss. Outside of Nythendra & Ursoc, I found Conflag to be a much better option for the cleave.
You take very little damg, which is something I always admire (who can do high dps and take the least amount of damg).

You know what...I have to admit this is something I've missed. I hit up altered-time forums for advice on everything, but for talents I pretty much went with Pyro and haven't put any thought into changing it. Now that I'm re-reading the forums, it seems it's a better raid option. "Conflagration isn't the best for maximising burst windows but is strong when high damage over time is wanted." I will actually switch into this for raiding, but likely stick with Pyro for m+'s.

Your AP gain is impressive. Though I must ask with the 7.1.5 changes to all 3 specs, how many traits do you have in Frost and Arcane? What are your thoughts with these changes, primarily to Fire?

I've tunneled into fire hard. Like, 0 points into Frost or Arcane hard. I have however acquired 3 decent relics for my frost artifact.

The changes to fire, as I'm sure you know, are an attempt at reducing our peaks and increasing our valleys....trying to get away from relying so much on our burst window. To be honest, I 100% love the way fire is at the moment, and am somewhat disappointed with the changes at present. However, I know 7.1.5 is still in early changes and Ion has stated they haven't done any real tuning quite yet....so I'm going to wait until it's closer to live before passing judgement. I can't see them totally eviscerating the spec, but I can definitely see them changing the way it's played.
Salcerdos

Postby Korona » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:15 pm

Salcerdos wrote:The changes to fire, as I'm sure you know, are an attempt at reducing our peaks and increasing our valleys....trying to get away from relying so much on our burst window. To be honest, I 100% love the way fire is at the moment, and am somewhat disappointed with the changes at present. However, I know 7.1.5 is still in early changes and Ion has stated they haven't done any real tuning quite yet....so I'm going to wait until it's closer to live before passing judgement. I can't see them totally eviscerating the spec, but I can definitely see them changing the way it's played.

Correct. I agree, I love how Fire plays.

Looking towards the future of Mage, I do not see a problem with adding points into Arcane and Frost, seeing as our AK will be extremely high by release of patch, and you have dedication to Mythic +'s, but are you willing to change/invest in a spec if Fire is no longer competitive, in say, Nighthold. Trust me, I do not want to stray away from Fire! :)
Korona

Postby Salcerdos » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:06 pm

I'd definitely be willing to move to frost or arcane, depending on how the specs are changed in 7.1.5.

Now that I've gotten that 5% fire damage trait 35, there's very increasing diminishing returns in investing further points into fire right now. So yeah, I'll definitely over the next week pay attention to the two alternatives and try and come up with a decision on which one to start spending AP on.
Salcerdos

Re: Salpedross, 877 eq./885 bag Fire Mage

Postby Kattii » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Hey sal, good to see you are doing well. At this time we are going to have to decline your app. I wish you luck in your search for a new guild
Kattii
Recruitment Manager

Re: Salpedross, 877 eq./885 bag Fire Mage

Postby Salcerdos » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks for the consideration, and take care.
Salcerdos

Return to Recruitment/Apply