Intol - 853 Guardian/850 Balance Druid (Round 3)

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Intol - 853 Guardian/850 Balance Druid (Round 3)

Postby Intol » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:52 pm

This is an application to basically ride the bench, or fulfill any role deemed necessary by the powers that be.

Character's Name: Intol

Class: Worgen Druid

Server: US-Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?: Historically I've filled all roles dependent on what the guild needs at the time. In this scenario I'm geared appropriately for Balance or Guardian.

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:

Vanilla: Activated my account from Day 1 as a Human Paladin (Salaris, US-Argent Dawn, Silver Dawn Guild), and raided up through 4 Horsemen in Naxx-40. Took a break, and sold the account to a close friend of mine.

Burning Crusade: Obtained a new account towards the end of BC, played an Orc Hunter (Atomheart, US-Twisting Nether, Assorted Guilds). Raided through Karazhan, and a small amount of Mount Hyjal, but on a more social raiding style.

Wrath of the Lich King: Social/Small Guild Raiding until release of ICC, when my guild asked me to level a Restoration Druid. Made Heroic ICC progression with Tauren Druid (Intol, US-Twisting Nether, Malleus Maleficarum Guild), 11/12 Heroic Progression.

Cataclysm: Raided throughout entire expansion. 4/6 H.BWD, 1/5 H.HoT, 6/7 H.Firelands, 1/8 H.DS.

Mists of Pandaria: Reactivated my account towards the end of Throne of Thunder. Went 13/14Mythic in Siege of Orgrimmar as a trial in Draconic Savant, at which point I realized that my gearing was so far behind that I was more a hindrance then help for the guild, as well as my work life was picking up as well.

Warlords of Draenor: Raided with Draconic Savant through the beginning of Blackrock Foundry Progression, performing in a multitude of roles on my druid, sometimes playing Boomkin, Tree, and Bear all in the same night. I believe I was 3/7 HM, and 3/9 BRF (mythic) before I had to step away due to my father becoming very ill.

Legion: LFR Wing 1. Yep.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:

Vanilla:

Silver Dawn (Argent Dawn) - First guild I was ever in. Left on spectacular terms. My real life needed to take a large priority, and needed to take a break from WoW.

Burning Crusade:

We Are Family (Twisting Nether) - The name explains it all. A guild made up of a real family who all enjoyed playing together. They adopted me in to their little guild, and I enjoyed playing with them. I left when I was ready to take on the challenge of real raiding again.

Paragon (Twisting Nether) - Joined these folks towards the end of BC, in the hopes of entering their raid ranks. Unfortunately I joined in the twilight of the guild's life, and did not get very far before the guild itself disintegrated. Continued to stay in the guild until WotLK.

Wrath of the Lich King (Twisting Nether)

Alternate Destiny (Twisting Nether) - Along the same lines as We Are Family, Alternate Destiny was a guild of real life friends who enjoyed playing together. I joined them and socially raided up through Trial of the Crusader 10-man normal. At the release of ICC, my gear had far exceeded the rest of the guild, and after discussing with my guild leader (Zolphinus) my options, he gave me his blessing to apply to more serious raiding guilds.

Malleus Maleficarum (Twisting Nether) - I applied to these folks at the release of ICC on my hunter, Atomheart, and was accepted. With the release of the Plague wing, our healer core was relatively unstable, and I was asked to gear up my Restoration Druid. He very quickly became my main, and as as result I became a dedicated healer in our 25-man progression. I continued to raid with Malleus up through the release of Firelands in Cataclysm. At the point, the guild had been unable to hold together, due to lack of attendance, and I moved on.

Cataclysm:

Malleus Maleficarum (Twisting Nether) - As mentioned above, I stayed with Malleus up to the release of Firelands, but due to lack of attendance, it had become abundantly clear the guild was no longer able to function as a dedicated raiding guild. I took my leave, with guild leader's blessing (Hazat), and applied elsewhere.

Death by Cupcake (Twisting Nether) - Raided with Death by Cupcake through FIrelands progression, both normal and heroic. At the release of Dragon Soul, I had obtained the position of both healing lead, and would each week compare Simulations to actual logs, and report to other class leads the results. Unfortunately those results were not taken in to account a good many times, and it became clear that raiders were getting slotted not on their ability, but their friendships with class leads. After a very stagnant 6 weeks of wiping on Spine of Deathwing, and my data being ignored time and time again, I felt it was my time to leave, as there were significant philosophical differences on raiding between myself and the other officers of the raiding core.

Borrowed Time (Twisting Nether) - I joined Borrowed Time just as Heroic Progression through Dragon Soul was beginning. We very quickly downed H.Morchok, but unfortunately real life took over, and my brother passed away. I was, quite obviously, taken away from the game for a very large chunk of time.

Mists of Pandaria:

Borrowed Time (Bleeding Hollow) - I returned to the game to find that Borrowed Time had in fact server transferred to Bleeding Hollow server, and attempted to follow. I found that a large chunk of the friends I made within the guild had left, and decided it was time for a fresh start. I faction changed, and sought out a new guild.

Sap It an Tap It (Bleeding Hollow) - I joined this guild for leveling purposes, guild perks and such. Once I attained max level, I looked for a permanent home.

Draconic Savant (Bleeding Hollow/Korgath) - Joined Draconic Savant as a social (guild friend) member, with the intention of re-applying to the guild as a trial member when Warlords of Draenor was released. That totally happened.

Warlords of Draenor:

Draconic Savant (Korgath):Still here.

Legion:

Draconic Savant (Korgath): Yep.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 8:00pm server (EST) and ends by 11:00pm server (EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:

I'm a Lifeflight Paramedic Student, and I'm done by 5pm every day, guaranteed, and I only work on weekends. I foresee zero issues with my attendance.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Ventrilo for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs) and Omen Threat Meter:

DBM - For raid encounters
Omen - To watch threat not only for myself, but others as well.
VuhDo - Healing/Raidframes addon
Clique - Mouseover addon for healing
Quartz - Casting timer addon
LUI - Interface addon
Discord - Communication in raiding
WeakAuras - Allows me to track Buffs, Debuffs, etc....

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):

Guardian: Image

Guardian Artifact (867 ilvl): Image

Balance: Image

Balance Artifact (865ilvl): Image

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... tol/simple

Disclaimer: Holding off on Enchants until it's clear which role I *might* be utilized in, given the drastically different stat priorities needed by the different specs.

Why do you wish to join DS?:

Because I pestered Rubine incessantly until she said yes.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:

I'm always ready and willing. Regardless of the role, the need, or whatever else is necessary, I'm always going to be the guy who will volunteer.

My best example would be At the release of Warlords, when roughly half the raiders in the guild ran away. I was originally a restoration trial at the time, but by the time BRF was released, we were in dire need of a tank, so I blitzed myself up some tank gear, and fulfilled that role. A few weeks later we found a tank, and Naha asked if I'd be willing to go back to resto, and I was totally okay with that, but then the next week we had too many healers and I ended up blitzing myself a boomkin set so we could have enough DPS. From that point forward we had a very shaky set of tanks apply and not succeed, and as a result I was never sure as to which spec would be necessary each night, and as a result had to upkeep and maintain 3 different raiding specs/sets of gear.

Over the course of my time with DS I consistently filled whatever role was asked of me by leadership, and I intend to continue to do that to the best of my ability.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:

WoW is my only MMORPG. Are there any others?

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:

My name is Nick. Been in DS since December 16th, 2013. I live in Maine, and am currently interning to become a Lifeflight Paramedic (the guy saving people in the helicoptor). I got married 2 weeks ago, and me and my wife have 4 dogs, 2 cats, and 6 fish.

Most of the people who have been in the guild for at least a year definitely know me, and for those new folks, I'm pretty much online whenever I'm not at work. I'm always willing to run a dungeon or help out someone just for fun. I'm a huge advocate of helping guildmates for the sake of helping, and maintaining the atmosphere of teamwork.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)

Research and things.
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to forget to watch for fight mechanics when you're asking someone how they could possibly be so stupid as to have missed said fight mechanics."
Intol

Re: Intol - 853 Guardian/850 Balance Druid (Round 3)

Postby Razvy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:47 pm

I can vouch for the fact that Intol is, in real life, a druid.
Razvy

Postby Aimee » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:46 pm

Oh hey, grats on getting married.
Aimee

Postby Osterfeuer » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:57 am

Yay more boomkins! What do you use to track your moonmoon spells/empowerments/AsP? I didn't see in the screenshot but you might've been in a different spec.

Edit: I'm blind and just saw the moonmoon tracker but only the small AsP bar that comes with ElvUI and maybe that purple bar is an AsP tracker? Didn't see any empowerment trackers though :(
Osterfeuer

Postby Intol » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:19 am

Osterfeuer wrote:Yay more boomkins! What do you use to track your moonmoon spells/empowerments/AsP? I didn't see in the screenshot but you might've been in a different spec.

Edit: I'm blind and just saw the moonmoon tracker but only the small AsP bar that comes with ElvUI and maybe that purple bar is an AsP tracker? Didn't see any empowerment trackers though :(

Yeah Oster, the purple bar in the middle is my Astral Power Tracker. As for tracking Solar/Lunar Empowerment, it looks like this:

That bottom bar is obviously the AP tracker, the purple bar is Lunar Empowerment (Shows stacks and decay on the buff), and the orange bar is Solar Empowerment (Show stacks and decay on the buff).
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to forget to watch for fight mechanics when you're asking someone how they could possibly be so stupid as to have missed said fight mechanics."
Intol

Postby Osterfeuer » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Intol wrote:Yeah Oster, the purple bar in the middle is my Astral Power Tracker. As for tracking Solar/Lunar Empowerment, it looks like this:

That bottom bar is obviously the AP tracker, the purple bar is Lunar Empowerment (Shows stacks and decay on the buff), and the orange bar is Solar Empowerment (Show stacks and decay on the buff).

Cool, I like the buff decay on the empowerments! Is your AsP bar predictive? Like showing how much you'll have after your current spell is complete? Its a tiny detail but I find it to be helpful in not overcapping AsP :) I'll leave http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/205 ... Bar-(Cyous) here in case you wanna check it out :) It's an all-in-one WA that pretty much covers everything and is pretty easily tweaked as well.

Look forward to seeing you in raid!

Edit: because I submit without actually looking at everything, but I saw your mastery is suuuper high compared to haste/crit. Is that from the hybrid gear sets you're rocking now or did you intentionally stack mastery?
Osterfeuer

Postby Intol » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Yeah the bar is predictive. shows me how much AP I'll gain at the end of a cast.

As for my stats it's a little but wonky. I leveled guardian and put all my Artifact Power in to that artifact through level 20. So my stat priority was: Mastery > Versatility > Haste > Crit

Then about a week ago I decided to blitz myself a boomkin spec in the hopes of getting a spot (albeit bench spot). Caught my Boomkin artifact up to level 20 as of last night. I am aware it goes Haste > Crit > Mastery > Versatility for boomkin, and I am doing my best to correct that.

I've also held off to a degree on changing my enchants/gems due to the fact that tonight (10/5) Totem will not be present for raids and as such you may need a geared tank, so I itemized myself to be ready should you have need of me, so raid doesn't lose an entire night of progression.
Intol

Postby Osterfeuer » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:31 pm

Cool cool.
Yeah I was thinking that it was more oriented towards Guardian, just thought I'd ask :)
Osterfeuer

Return to Recruitment/Apply