PokeyPenguin, Vet looking for home in Legion

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

PokeyPenguin, Vet looking for home in Legion

Postby PokeyPenguin » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:34 am

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Casimiro - 110 Vengeance Demon Hunter (prefered main)
Pokeypenguin - Ranged Magic DPS (Preferably Warlock)

Server:
Casimiro is on gurubashi but I plan to transfer.
I have a ton of other characters but if I do end up making another one, I will just use boost.

What is your normal raiding spec?:
Depends on the fight, tier, ect. As of right now its Vengeance

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:
I have been wow playing on and off since it came out over a decade ago. Been raiding for most of that time as well, mostly warlock or tanks.

I usually play with about 10 people who I have been playing with for years. When wrath came out I created my own guild with them, we did very well and had a blast, many of the people I recruited became friends and still hang out with us today.

We made a guild again in WoD and despite the fact we only raid 3 nights a week, we managed to become a us top 100 guild, so that was cool. http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/mal ... ing.tier17 More importently almost everyone we had played with over the years came right back and wanted to play together again. So I guess we were always doing something right, I was pretty proud of that fact. Sure you guys understand as officers.

Those are the highlights I suppose, raided fairly hard core the rest of the time too, except Panda which I skipped because, well Pandas.

You guys seemed like you might be a good fit so I figured I would apply!

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:
As I mentioned most of the guilds I have been in were either run by me, or by my friends, the only guilds I joined solo I left were because

1. Guild fell apart not involving me
2. Game died

There might be a few where it just wasent working out one way or another, but it was always amicable

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:

Yep!

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):

Just the basic ones, boss mods, recount, maybe tellmewhen a bit later.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):

I use standard UI, I can post a screenshot after work if necessary

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:
Does not appear to be working, but if it did it would be here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... /Casimiro/

But i've quite run a few mythics already, in the 830ish item level range.

Why do you wish to join DS?:
It's the top guild on the same server as my friends that has raid times I can meet, to be completly honest.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:
Sure I would, I have been playing this game for over a decade and have run my own guilds, I am well aware of the drill at this point, and what needs to be done to be a good raider.

As far as logs go, here is the most recent relevant ones I have.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... /996953/7/

Previous MMORPG Experience?:
Wow, Wildstar, AioN, Blade and Soul, Age of Conan, star wars old republic, Rift, FF 11 and 14 and i'm sure more I forgot.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:

I'm a pretty outgoing person who likes to cook and drink craft beer, in wod I invited the entire guild over to my house and made everyone calzones from scratch, I usually find the best memories are of the people you meet and hang outwith, not necessarily the bosses you kill.

I have so many stories I can't even begin to start, if I ever do you won't shut me up.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)
I found you on wow progress.
Last edited by PokeyPenguin on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokeyPenguin

Re: PokeyPenguin, Vet looking for home in Legion

Postby Nahela » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:56 am

Just wanted to reply to say that we've read this, thanks for taking the time to fill out the app!

As it stands right now we've got a reliable tank team which already includes a Vengeance DH (myself), so I don't foresee having room for you in that capacity. Obviously ranged DPS is a far cry from tanking in terms of raid roles, but if that's something you have enough interest in we could talk about those options, Warlock being a potential.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby PokeyPenguin » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:31 am

Hi, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Yeah, obviously it's hard to get in a guild as a tank but figured it was worth a shot. Wanted to stay tank for Mythic+ which looks very fun, but I might just bring over my warlock too so I can do raids as well.

If that sounds interesting to you, please hit me up on PokeyPenguin#1828, we could chat a bit, see if that would work for both of us.

As a side note, a few of my DPS friends from the same guild might want to join as well, don't think they like the raid times of the current guild they are in.
PokeyPenguin

Postby PokeyPenguin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am

Hi, interested in my warlock at all?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... uns/simple

logs wod https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... /996953/7/

legion https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 141223/10/

Looking for a change and you guys were chill, let me know :)
PokeyPenguin

Postby Nahela » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:48 am

Just letting you know I've seen this, just been a busy day.

Curious to know what happened guild-wise between your previous posts & now, if you don't mind filling in some info in the meantime.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby PokeyPenguin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:16 am

Hmm, well Dread is a guild composed of mostly 3-4 groups of friends, we all know each other but its fragmented and there is no guild leadership or structure. I even created an entire website for the guild just so we could plan out strategy, shoot the shit, schedule runs, ect. But it was never used of course.

Everyone only talked and played within thier small circle, and my circle did not include a tank or a healer, so unless I muscled my way into a mythic+ or kara I just showed up to raid every week and raided in essentially silence. It started feeling like work, there was nothing fun to look forward too when I logged in and nobody/no place to talk aobut logs, patch notes, random memes outside of raid.

Finally a bit of drama popped up, one of my close friends gquit and as I was already on the fence, figured it was time to find a guild that fit me instead of forcing my friends and acquaintances to be something they weren't.

Also they raid on Sunday night which is just sucky.

I knew this was going to happen because it happened in WoD too ,which is why

1) I tried to make a tank at the start of an expansion.
2) I tried to join other guilds until I eventually caved to peer pressure.

And now I am back where I started a few months ago. I should have stuck to my guns a while back but oh well.
PokeyPenguin

Postby Ancksunamun » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:15 am

Hey, just curious if you are still interested in a new home here?
Ancksunamun

Return to Recruitment/Apply