Divinesin Mage application for Legion

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Divinesin Mage application for Legion

Postby Divinesin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Character's Name: Divinesin

Class:
Mage

Server:
Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?:
Depends on the expansion really. Most recently I was playing alot of Arcane and Frost until I could gather enough crit to make fire viable. I generally will play whatever spec suits the content we would be clearing.

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:

I started in BC Kara as a Holy Pally and played that all the way through till Wrath and Ulduar. Clearing the content with a guild that my buddies and I started up.
After that stint of raiding I swapped over to DPS as a mage in Cataclysm where I cleared Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent and Throne of the Four Winds (one of my favorites I might add) and Firelands.
In MoP I cleared all the content as a mage still and downed everything including Garrosh.
In WoD I tackled Highmaul and BRF for most of my play time then too ka break besides some random normal runs of HFC. I've worked on my legendary quest along the way and I'm just grinding out some tomes now to finish it up just for flair. I took a break after the first 2 patches due to swapping factions and not having a big group over here.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:
Cynical has been my only guild because its the one that my friends and I created awhile back. We raided on that guild and recruited whatever we needed to fill in the gaps. Due to life and people getting older that group has fizzled out so I found some new friends who said they were having a good raiding experience that I have been looking for since my old guildmates have left.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:
Those times fit perfectly into my schedule I have already blocked that time out of my work schedule and I will have near 100% attendance.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):
DBM is the main bossing addon that I use
I track DPS and spell count with Recount
Quartz for a castbar
WeakAuras2 for procs
I used to use Combustion for tracking ignites and whatnot
Tidy Plates
Bartender for keybinds and to get rid of blizzards nonsense =P

Going to be looking into Z-Perl and Icehud to see if they improve my performance though.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):
http://imgur.com/a/FRO7G
Current setup is going to be more fleshed out as I need to add/remove things. By no means complete due to my last hiatus

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... sin/simple
The other raiding info can be found on my Paladin here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... sin/simple

Why do you wish to join DS?:
I would like to join to raid with a few of my friends that are currently in the guild. We played other MMO's together namely Wildstar and I would like to get back to a structured WoW experience instead of just ragtag groups that I pick up every now and again. I'm looking for a great raiding experience that I feel I can find here with you guys.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:
In regards to mechanics over the years I have been delegated tasks to complete for the raid. Whether it be flying up to deal with Alysrazor in the firelands or hopping onto Magmaw take him down I usually was the one chosen to complete these tasks. These moment are crucial to the fights completion and it is important to have these people in your group. I'm also a mature raider that can also have a good time in comms whenever appropriate. Just a laid back kinda guy that enjoys raiding!

Previous MMORPG Experience?:
Mostly WoW but I have played FFXIV and raided Coil of Bahamut. Wildstar was another I played for awhile completing all of the dungeons on gold difficulty and actually getting realm first on one of them with a member of this guild actually..... I also raiding in Wildstar as well which really taught me how to stand out of the red stuff haha.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:
Outside of games I enjoy fitness and live music. I enjoy going to shows and getting into some mosh pits every now and again haha.
Also I am employed at Wegmans if anyone knows what that is and if you do you'll know that talking with people and relating to situations is one of our strong suits!

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)
I have a few friends in the guild who said I should app!
Odds is the one I spoke to primarily.
Divinesin

Re: Divinesin Mage application for Legion

Postby Divinesin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:44 pm

One last additional comment! I am flexible on the class as I have not used my 100 boost from Legion yet!
Divinesin

Postby Odds » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:50 pm

Hey look it's one of my friends who's a fantastic player and would be a great addition to the guild for legion progression. Also he can play ranged. Wowee he's so dreamy.
Odds

Postby Divinesin » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:06 pm

real id of Divinesin#1125 to make communication easier if I am not on WoW
Divinesin

Return to Recruitment/Apply