Risingdawn - Legion App, Spec Switch to Mage

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Risingdawn - Legion App, Spec Switch to Mage

Postby Risingdawn » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Character's Name:

Risingdawn

Class:

Hunter - Switching to DK or Mage in Legion

Server:

Proudmoore

What is your normal raiding spec?:

For any dps class I will play whichever spec is best on a raid by raid or boss by boss basis. In WoD I played all 3 specs as hunter at a high level depending on what the fight demanded.
I take pride in being able to switch at will between all my dps specs with no drop off in play.

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:

Vanilla:
MC - Cleared
BWL - Cleared
AQ - Huhuran
Naxx - Anub
Wotlk:
Naxx - Cleared
EoE - Cleared
OS - Cleared 3 Drake
Uld - Minimal
ToC - Normal Cleared
Naxx - Up to Lich King 25man, 10man Killed Lich King, Minimal Heroic Progress
WoD:
HM - 5/7 Mythic
BRF - 10/10 Mythic
HFC - 6/13 Mythic (Killed Gorefiend)

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:

In WoD I spent time with 2 guilds:

Winterforge: I joined Winterforge in MoP while preparing for WoD, I raided all of Highmaul and heroic Blackrock Foundry with them, rising through the ranks eventually being promoted to officer due to my input on how to handle fights. As an officer my responsibility was to research and convey the fight mechanics and how we will deal with them to our raid leader as well as handle ranged dps applications. Before we could kill Blackhand or start our mythic progression a group of 5-6 friends in the guild decided they wanted to raid more seriously than our Friday/Saturday 4 hour schedule would allow and they ended quitting the guild at the end of one of our raid nights effectively killing the guild.

Red Dragon Society: After Winterforge disbanded I joined Red Dragon Society which was on Bonechewer at the time (since transferred to Thrall). With them I was able to attain a Cutting Edge Blackhand kill on the last night, only a few hours before 6.2 dropped. I raided with them throughout that summer downing mythic bosses up to and including Gorefiend. I left when I realized I wouldn't be able to make a late night raid schedule any longer with my new schedule. I was happy to be able to leave on good terms with the guild.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:

When Legion drops I will be back at university. My classes end at around 5pm MST and I'm able to play the rest of the night. Every guild I have raided in my attendance has be 95%+.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):

I use elvui for my unitframes/bars. DBM, and WeakAuras are also very important for my play.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):

This is probably the best idea I can give of the type of UI I will be using during a raid, you can see all the weakauras I have. The only addon not showing is dbm, it's just a standard dbm set up.
http://i.imgur.com/00qRna7.jpg
And in action:
http://i.imgur.com/NLMc92X.jpg

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:

A link to my hunters armory. My DK and Mage aren't even at a 680 ilvl so I won't bother with them. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... awn/simple

Why do you wish to join DS?:

Really I just want to kill bosses and be a part of a good team. Any guild that can give that to me is one that I would be happy to join any day.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:

I am very good at not taking damage during fights. I also am very strong at handling mechanics during raids and believe that taking on more responsibility in fights rather than just
throwing out dps constantly. I really thrive on being given more responsibility and it's why I've enjoyed playing my Hunter so much through all these years. Another thing is that I really
am my biggest critic if I happen to be struggling on a certain mechanic or just die to something stupidly I make sure that I never die to the same thing twice.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:

10+ Years playing WoW. During that time I've also sampled other mmos, even getting in some serious raiding in SWToR.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:

Let's see. I'm a huge hockey and football fan, following both sports religiously and cheering on my Flames and Saints. I play beer league hockey as a goalie in the winter
when I go back to school. Also I am big time into competitive games such as CS:GO and SC2 (kicked my LoL habit).

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)

Browsing wowprogress.
Risingdawn

Re: Risingdawn - Legion App, Spec Switch to Mage

Postby Risingdawn » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:32 pm

Risingdawn

Postby Stronkendary » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:14 pm

Fantastic app!
We currently don't have too much of a need for melee dps, but adding a mage to the ranks is something we could definitely need!
How much if any high level raid experience do you have on a mage?
Stronkendary

Postby Risingdawn » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:17 pm

I currently have none. All raiding I have done has been on my hunter, however, I feel my skills with it are easily transferable to playing a mage. The main thing I have been working on in the beta is making better use of ice floes to become more mobile.
Risingdawn

Postby Stronkendary » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Risingdawn wrote:I currently have none. All raiding I have done has been on my hunter, however, I feel my skills with it are easily transferable to playing a mage. The main thing I have been working on in the beta is making better use of ice floes to become more mobile.

Fair enough, well as a veteran player, and a friend of martei i think we'd more than be willing to give you a shot as a mage applicant.
Do you have a mage currently on Korgath? Feel free to add me Stronkendary#1138 , you can ask me any questions and sort out an invite!
Stronkendary

Postby Martei » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Stronkendary wrote:
Risingdawn wrote:I currently have none. All raiding I have done has been on my hunter, however, I feel my skills with it are easily transferable to playing a mage. The main thing I have been working on in the beta is making better use of ice floes to become more mobile.

Fair enough, well as a veteran player, and a friend of martei i think we'd more than be willing to give you a shot as a mage applicant.
Do you have a mage currently on Korgath? Feel free to add me Stronkendary#1138 , you can ask me any questions and sort out an invite!

uh I don't know this guy. At least I don't think I do Xeerxes is my friend he posted under the healer or dps app for Legion thread. Nothing against this guy obviously just thought I should clarify
Martei

Postby Stronkendary » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Martei wrote:
Stronkendary wrote:

uh I don't know this guy. At least I don't think I do Xeerxes is my friend he posted under the healer or dps app for Legion thread. Nothing against this guy obviously just thought I should clarify

Ah thanks, looking at both apps after a super long day had me slightly mixed up, this app has been sorted none-the-less :P
Stronkendary

Return to Recruitment/Apply