Bengil - Healer App for Legion

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Bengil - Healer App for Legion

Postby Bengil » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Character's Name: Bengil#1408 (Put my Btag since I'm unsure of which character I will be playing)

Class: Paladin, Priest, or Monk

Server: Turalyon

What is your normal raiding spec?: Healer

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:

- I began raiding in BC clearing everything up to Black Temple, however I was in no way a hardcore raider and I took my time with my guild to clear most of the content.
- In WotLK I took raiding a bit more seriously and joined a 10 man group and progressed in ICC Heroic, unfortunately I was injured in real life and could not play wow for a while. My injury also led me to not play Cata so I have no exprience in that.
- During MoP I raided heroic throughout the entire expansion. I completed tier 14 and 15 in a 10 man group and switched to a 25 man group for SoO progression. I cleared 12/14 before my guild at the time disbanded. I managed clean up SoO with a friends guild though.
- My experience in WoD is limited only due to my dislike for the expansion (namely the garrison). I did clear 5/7 M Highmaul before cancelling my sub.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:

- For Wod and the end of MoP I was in Portal from Turalyon. I did not so much leave the guild but the game itself. That being said, I did not get along super well with some of the players and I felt sort of cast aside for guild activities. I had a bit of frustration towards the leaders but decided against stirring up any drama. I honestly can't remember my guild before Portal.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:

- I'm a full time student, so whenever I'm not at school or studying I'm on my computer playing WoW XD. The raid times work perfectly for me and I also play on the weekends pretty often. You can be sure that I will be on 24/7 during the first few days/weeks of legion.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):

- I use bartender, grid, DBM, Skada, Angry Assignments (If needed), Weak Auras. I can use discord although I never have before, I have a working mic and headset.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):

- I don't currently have an active account as I'm just playing legion beta now, but my UI is pretty clean, my action bars and raid frames are usually located middle bottom side of my screen and my WA's to the right of my raid frames. I tend to keep a clean UI and only keep what is necessary to avoid clutter.

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:

- I am applying for legion therefor I do not have any characters that would be worth showing you. My most geared toon currently is 682. Although I am 853 on Beta if that counts for anything XD

Why do you wish to join DS?:

- I'm looking for a fresh start for legion and I want to do what I enjoy the most in WoW, which is raiding, with a solid group of people. Everything I do in game is usually to work towards end game progression and assuring my character is ready to go. After reading through some of the other apps (wanted to see the competition XD), I had fun reading the various responses from several guild members and I like the atmosphere of the guild. I also love doing Mythic+ dungeon on Beta and would love to be a part of a guild so I can run them with people I know instead of random strangers. DS seems to have a good balance of end game progression and enjoyment for the game which is what I'm looking for.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:

- Well first off I have no life so I'm reliable :D. I will always ensure that I am as ready as can be for raids. Wiping on bosses doesn't really frustrate me during progression, instead I feel more motivated because I like to overcome challenging encounters. I've been healing in MMO's for my entire gaming career and I believe I have a lot of knowledge on how the healing role works in dungeons and raids. I am almost always up to do things with the guild during off hours and I love to kick back and chat on voice comms while playing. I'm not easily offended (only racism, homophobia and sexual harassment bother me) and I encourage people to provide me with feedback so I can further improve. I can guarantee that come legion I will be doing everything I can to down Mythic raids.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:

- I've tried almost every MMO out there. WoW is definitely my most played but I have played SWtoR and TSW, and completed all or most of the end game in those MMOs. I casually played LotRO, Wildstar, ESO, GW 1 and 2, DDO, TERA, and Aion. I can't think of others but I'm sure there are more.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:

- As I previously mentioned, I'm a full time student studying towards my degree in Nutrition and Food Science. I am a 22 year old male and I live in Montreal. I'm not much of an athlete but I do enjoy playing a round of golf or going out skating and playing hockey with friends. I'm a little shy at first but it doesn't take long for me to start yapping away. I am pretty laid back and don't get bothered by much. I love to joke around and do random group content in WoW with guildies during off nights. Aside from going to school and playing video games, I really like to cook and I usually am the one preparing supper for those in my household. I'm a bit anime/manga nerd and love to discuss recent chapters/episodes with people!

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)

- Realm forums and WoWProgress
Bengil

Re: Bengil - Healer App for Legion

Postby Stronkendary » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:55 pm

More Canadians :D

Do you have any prior experience healing with those classes?
Stronkendary

Postby Bengil » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:52 am

Yay for Canada! XD

Out of the three I listed, I have played holy priest the most before its legion rework. My mythic highmaul experience was done on my holy priest (except butcher which I went Disc). I've been messing around with the changes in legion and it feels like a completely new class so although my prior experience with it helps a bit, I basically had to relearn the class. I've been playing Holy Paladin on beta for the past 3 months so I feel like I have a really good grasp on the class and I have cleared up to mythic+7 dungeons so far. MW monk is definitely my least experienced class, but it has also received some major changes in legion so I've been learning the ropes on beta.

All of my MoP experience was on a resto shaman. The only reason I didn't list shaman as a potential main was due to me wanting to play something different this time around.
Bengil

Postby Ancksunamun » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Fucking frenchies...
Ancksunamun

Postby Nahela » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:44 am

I imagine the least likely we'll have is a Monk, though I generally prefer people just play whatever their top preference is if at all possible.

I've asked Kattii to get in touch and discuss it with you & Stronk to see what the best option is.

Also don't mind Anck, she's from the weird part of Canada.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Ancksunamun » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:35 pm

Nahela wrote:

By weird you mean awesome.
Ancksunamun

Postby Stronkendary » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Nahela wrote:I imagine the least likely we'll have is a Monk, though I generally prefer people just play whatever their top preference is if at all possible.

I've asked Kattii to get in touch and discuss it with you & Stronk to see what the best option is.

I've added you on real id, give me shout when you can.
Stronkendary

Postby Stronkendary » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:55 pm

App approved, Trial offered as a monk heal.
Stronkendary

Return to Recruitment/Apply