Cyllissica - Shadow Priest

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Cyllissica - Shadow Priest

Postby Daoist » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Character's Name: Cyllissica

Class: Priest

Server: Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?: Shadow

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!: Raided up to Cthun in vanilla though never killed him, didn't raid in TBC beyond kara, didn't play in wrath, normal DS in cata, in MoP I killed heroic garrosh like 2 weeks before the prepatch, in WoD I've really only done heroic HFC(entirely through group finder, and mostly as disc) which I cleared 13/13 in early/mid novemember

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... bracket=15

Sorry there's not more, I tried to get a bunch on a variety of boss types but sadly hfc has somehow gotten harder to pug since I last quit playing and my efforts have mostly been filled with groups unable to do mechanics. Hopefully these ones are enough to illustrate I'm not completely terrible. I'll add more if I can later.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important: I transferred to this server originally to join some guild whose name I can't remember that intended to raid mythics but fell apart shortly into WoD, I ended up taking a long break from the game after that happened.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?: My work schedule varies a bit but I should be able to easily make 80% of raid times. At least once legion begins.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs): I have discord and use DBM/WeakAuras/Elv-UI/SPTimers

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):
http://imgur.com/VtCg7xG - My UI is a bit cleaner than this ATM but I can never remember to take a picture :/

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... a/advanced

Why do you wish to join DS?:
Well, I want to get back into raiding in Legion, and draconic savant seems like a good fit schedule wise and kattii was pretty helpful with my questions the other day which is always nice so I figured I'd apply and see what happens before trying to find a new server as korgath is fairly dead.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?: I realize that my experience seems pretty limited, especially for trying to join a guild that is already 13/13M, however I'm a quick learner, good with mechanics and positioning. If you give me a chance I'll do my best to not disappoint you. In FFXIV I raided in the world 2nd guild, though that game is significantly less competitive than WoW the philosophy of top guilds was the same.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:
WoW was pretty much the first MMO I played, unless you count guild wars 1 however that game wasn't much of an mmo to be honest. I have however, tried pretty much every big name mmo that's released in the past 10 years.
Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:
I'm 24, male, pretty laid back but can be super competitive. Always been into gaming, recently I've mostly been playng CS:GO/Overwatch, started getting back into WoW a couple weeks ago.
Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc) Reddit Thread.
Daoist

Re: Cyllissica - Shadow Priest

Postby Nahela » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Thanks for taking the time to fill out the app!

More ranged, it's a miracle. Do you have any known scheduling conflicts? I know you said it varies, but are there any concrete details that will lead to recurring absences?

Otherwise, looks pretty solid.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Breadzie » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Uptimes and stuff look decent.
Breadzie

Postby Ancksunamun » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:27 am

I need more overwatch buddies.
Ancksunamun

Postby Daoist » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:35 am

Nahela wrote:Thanks for taking the time to fill out the app!

More ranged, it's a miracle. Do you have any known scheduling conflicts? I know you said it varies, but are there any concrete details that will lead to recurring absences?

Otherwise, looks pretty solid.

No known scheduling conflicts really, should easily be able to make over 80% of the raids. The main conflict would occur around major holidays but even then its not guaranteed

Also for whatever reason my armory doesn't seem to be updating properly so my current weapons are heroic gavel of the eredar(bleeding hollow) and thumping demon heart
Daoist

Postby Kattii » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Hey thanks for apping! We would love to offer you a trial position. You can transfer over now if you would like to get acclimated to the guild

kattii was pretty helpful with my questions the other day which is always nice

aka Kattii is nice. Let the record show!
Kattii
Recruitment Manager

Postby Ancksunamun » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Kattii wrote:Hey thanks for apping! We would love to offer you a trial position. You can transfer over now if you would like to get acclimated to the guild

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Ancksunamun

Postby Daoist » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Kattii wrote:Hey thanks for apping! We would love to offer you a trial position. You can transfer over now if you would like to get acclimated to the guild

Sure, sounds good, who should I talk to in game?
Daoist

Postby Ancksunamun » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Me, Nahela, Kattii, or Stronkendary should be able to get you an invite.
Ancksunamun

Return to Recruitment/Apply