Vaxattack Application

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Vaxattack Application

Postby vaxattack » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Hey all! Hope this is not too early, I am looking for a mythic team come legion!

Character's Name: Vaxattack

Class:
Mage (Although if mage is not competitive come legion, I will be switching mains. Lets be serious though- when has mage not been competitive?)

Server:
Baelgun - Horde

What is your normal raiding spec?:
Depends on the fight. For most of WoD (except the first few weeks, when frost didn't get overrun in scaleing) Arcane for ST, and fire for cleave/AoE. I play whatever spec can bring the most to the fight we are facing, and in legion where we can use all three specs I expect that I will be moving between the three frequently.

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:
WoW:
WoD: 4/7M HM, 7/10M BRF. More details below in the guild section!
MoP: No Serious Progression Raiding (Was mostly playing W* during this time period)
Cataclysm: DS 8/8 N and 6/8 H (Was mostly playing rift during this time)
WoTLK: 15/15 Nax 25, 13/13 Ulduar 25, No crusader, No LK.
BC: (Prefacing with me being in HS and a little shit still) Full Kara, Full Gruul, and then grounded, I think (or something).

Rift:
Full GSB (Realm first on last boss), Full RoS (Realm First "No Fly Zone" - Her "hard mode" achievement), Full HKF pre nerf (realm first for the first 3(4?) bosses, but then the world 6 guild server transferred to us so they could gobble up the realm firsts). We started as a start up guild near the launch of GSB, and within a few months were second on the server, fighting for first. Achieved several server firsts where I tanked and DPS'd, depending on the fight.

W*:
GA 5/6 Pre nerf, 6/6 post nerf (months later when I rejoined). 15/16 DS (With solid progression on Avatus before roster boss). I don't know if anyone reading this has played Wildstar, but the raiding there it incredibly difficult at the higher ends. We had several sub 30 avatus pulls before the developers created a memory leak/crashing issue that effected half of our raiders each pull, and didnt fix the issue for a few months.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:
The two most recent guilds I was a part of was Dankident (WoW) and Cerulean Core in Wildstar.

Cerulean Core was a recently formed guild pushing raid progression. We went from a team of 8-9 people clearing the attunement dungeons to full team pushing some of the hardest raid content in the industry. Within a few months we had 15/16 bosses in Datascape down, and were progressing on Avatus. Unfortunately a patchh introduced a memory leak/stability issue. Half of our raiders were effected, and we couldn't get a single pull without 3-5 of our raiders disconnecting. This completely stalled our raiding progress, and we started regressing in progression. There were 15 potential bosses we had to clear each week before progressing on Avatus, and the disconnects were making kills hard and slow to get. Eventually the guild disbanded as frustrated raiders dropped off. I was there until the very last raid, and am still friends with many of them.

Dankident was my most recent wow guild. We started as a new guild in WoD and progressively got better and better. 6/10M into BRF I got my first job in consulting after graduating, and I could no longer keep to the 6PM schedule (I would get off around 6-7PM). I felt a commitment to Dankident, and with the new career I decided not to look for a new WoW guild. I gave Dankident a month to find a replacement, and helped them vet the player, killed thogar during that time period. 6 weeks later I stepped away and focused on my work. I am still friends with many of them, and I've included several of them as references. I know it looks shitty to leave mid expansion, but I was going through one of the most significant life changes at the time, and the times I was raiding were just no longer possible. Going forward this will not be an issue.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:
These times work well for me. I am EST, and am looking specifically for a guild raiding from 8/9-11/12 EST. This ensures that I will be able to make it to raids with my work schedule, and I will always know in advance when I will have a day when I cannot make it that late.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):
I use DBM along with whatever voip is used by the guild. Additionally I format my UI using ElvUI, along with Tell Me When to track debuffs/cooldowns. I add on whatever else is needed to track class/raid utility depending on what I am playing. Examples include a combustion tracker in the past, and a raid utility tracker like Blood Legion Cooldowns (pretty sure thats not the actual name).

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):
I havent played seriously lately (just played a bit to get my ring), so my UI is a little jacked right now. I can log on and settle my UI to give you all a good idea of what I work with, but my general goal is functional and slim.

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... ack/simple

Why do you wish to join DS?:
I am looking for a team that is seriously focused in progressing mythic content in a positive, mature, and respectful, environment. Going through your kill posts it seems like you are a team that works and perseveres as a team. I am looking for that kind of environment, and DS seems like a good home.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:
I work to squeeze every ounce out of my class/spec, am flexible and adapt my play style to fit the encounter and composition. I will be maintaining a competitive alt to make sure that I am relevant throughout the expansion. I put in the work outside of raid to make sure that I am competitive in raid, I don't just log in for raid. This is doubly important in legion, as the outside work will be at a high level. I have an incredibly positive attitude and maintain my calm under pressure. When the pull count is getting large and we are pushing for that first kill I maintain my performance, and most importantly, my attitude. I am prepared for raid, and in WoD stocked up on enchanting and jewelcrafting materials so the raid could use upgrades on the spot, I will continue to do this in legion. I highly value constructive criticism and feedback, and I work best in an environment where this is normal. Even outside of feedback I am constantly reviewing my own performance and finding ways to improve. Ultimately I provide a high level of performance, am dedicated to my performance and my team, and do so with a consistently positive attitude. I believe that's one of the biggest assets I bring, a lot of people are solid raiders, but finding someone with solid performance and a solid attitude can be hard to find.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:
See my raiding experience, but I have performed in serious progression raiding in Rift, WoW, and Wildstar.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:
I am 24, I got my degree in economics from UC Berkeley. Recently I moved out to New York City where I work as an economic consultant (I am an analyst, the consultant title is many years down the road). Most of my time is spent scripting/coding economic models, and I specialize in financial litigation surrounding structured finance products (read RMBS, the thing that was central to the 2007 financial crash). I love the work, but I know people probably just read that and wanted to find a window to jump out of. In my free time I go camping/backpacking with a large group of friends, although in the last few months I have not since New York is a lonely concrete jungle. I have a girlfriend who I am proposing to in August, been dating for about 6 and a half years, she hasn't figured out that she is way out of my league, and I'm not going to remind her. That's me more or less, there's other stuff, but I dont want to drown you all in a wall of text (more than I already have).

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc):
Found your post on /r/wowguilds.

Thanks for taking the time to read my incredibly long post, I am eager to hop into legion, and am looking for a solid progression home for that progress. Below I have included a few references from Dankident. If you guys have your doubts feel free to hit them up, hopefully they downplay how much of a shitter I am. You can PM me at Vaxattack#1829.

Brax#1570 - Old GM.
Dikaia#1673 - Raider, qualified only 25% shitter.
vaxattack

Re: Vaxattack Application

Postby Nahela » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:04 pm

Thanks for taking the time to fill out the app! Obviously you wouldn't be able to raid with us pre-Legion, but would you want to get yourself setup here in-guild before then or is it something you'd prefer to wait on?

We've taken on another 'Legion trial' as well that's been hanging out for sometime, so we're fine with doing that and setting your trial to officially begin when the expansion releases.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Kattii » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Omg did you name your character after Vax'ildan?! :D
Kattii
Recruitment Manager

Postby vaxattack » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:39 pm

*Furiously searches google for Vax'ildan*....I wish I was that cool, but I'm not. There was a character called Vaxtheros (or something) in a Dragonlance book I read as a kid and the name stuck with me.

RE Nahela: Yeah, absolutely. I dont have any plans to raid in WoD. My gear is almost entirely M BRF gear, I wont be anything close to mythic raiding in a time frame that's relevant. Even if I could push a gearing button, it kinda sucks to be just dragged along in a fight you don't know without any time to learn. If you guys would have me come legion I would love to trial then (and move over and hang out when the prepatch drops and I start warming up).
vaxattack

Postby Breadzie » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Looks legit.

Proposing? Does she know about your raid schedule and your level of nerd commitment?
Breadzie

Postby vaxattack » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:06 pm

Yeah, we talked about this specifically and 3N a week is what we settled on. Also, shes aware that I will be no-lif(e?)ing at launch for a bit, and shes cool with it (once again wayyyyy out of my league).
vaxattack

Postby Purpledrink » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:04 am

Without current logs it's hard to say skill wise but I do like his attitude toward raiding and class commitment.

I'm always excited to see more makes I can corrupt.

I'd like to see what your UI looks like when you get it the way you like it. I also use Elvui and really enjoy it.
Purpledrink

Postby vaxattack » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:19 am

Let me provide some old logs. There are only rankings for 6 of the M BRF bosses, not sure why Thogar is not on, I think we were posting private logs for some reason, but I'm not sure.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... #compare=1

Note that there are HFC logs, but all of those were undergeared attempts with no fight experience, I think the only relevant logs you will see are for the BRF fights. Some fights like Kromog are relatively low, and thats largely due to our comp/fight strat, I did not spend a lot of time on hands. We had a few demo locks that ripped the hands apart, so I was not padding with AoE and instead focused on outside hands. I think the logs show that I at the very least don't eat led chips.

Heroic logs look a lot better. It should be noted that for heroic blast furnace I was NOT AoE, I ran ST to help burn the channelers and the last phase, so the parses look like dog shit, but it helped with smooth kills.

I can push my UI together again some time this week. It will be a little rough because I fine tune it as I raid, but it should give you an idea of my layout/keybinds.
vaxattack

Postby Kattii » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:33 pm

Hey thanks for apping! We would love to offer you a trial position! You can transfer over now if you would like to get acclimated before Legion
Kattii
Recruitment Manager

Postby vaxattack » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Awesome, I would love to join you guys. I had a couple of questions before transferring/faction changing. Who would be best to PM later tonight?

Looking forward to joining you guys in Legion!
vaxattack

Postby Ancksunamun » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Probably Nahela. He is the most knowledgeable of us all.
Ancksunamun

Postby Nahela » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:13 pm

Ancksunamun wrote:Probably Nahela. He is the most knowledgeable of us all.

Someone really wants their Archimonde mount

But yes you can PM me and I should be able to answer any questions you may have!
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Ancksunamun » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:42 pm

Nahela wrote:

But yes you can PM me and I should be able to answer any questions you may have!

I dont suck dicks for mounts. So sorry.
Ancksunamun

Postby Aimee » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Ancksunamun wrote:
Nahela wrote:

Only azn vaginas?
Aimee

Postby vaxattack » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:32 pm

Ancksunamun wrote:
Nahela wrote:

....Wait? Is this an..uhhh....option?
vaxattack

Next

Return to Recruitment/Apply