Iel app

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Iel app

Postby lel » Sat May 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Character's Name: Iel

Class: Warlock

Server: Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?: Aff/destro depending on fight

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!: No raiding before WoD, 7/7 heroic HM, 10/10 heroic BRF, 13/13m HFC

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important: Experiment IV, left because raiding was over until legion and I would like to continue raiding.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?: Yes

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs): BigWigs for raiding, a few weakauras to track dots. All other addons are cosmetic

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice): http://i.imgur.com/v1Pwfrf.jpg

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... l/advanced

Why do you wish to join DS?: I would like a guild to reliably kill Archimonde with, and have a good start in Legion

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?: I can fill in the warlock spot that you need, for one. I have a good attitude towards raiding and can provide input on fights.

Previous MMORPG Experience?: None aside from WoW

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!: I am a 17 year old raider, looking to be more hardcore this expansion and into Legion.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc) General Korgath banter and through the people in Stormshield
lel

Re: Iel app

Postby Ancksunamun » Sun May 29, 2016 1:03 am

Oh goodness a lock! thanks for your app. the other officers will take a look and you shall hear from us soon.

: )
Ancksunamun

Postby Nahela » Sun May 29, 2016 11:07 am

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to fill out the application. I don't have the most warlock knowledge so I'm sure Jim could provide a critique there as necessary, but I do have a few questions:

1) You mentioning leaving Experiment IV due to their break until Legion, are you planning on returning to them once Legion hits or is it a situation where you'll looking for a new guild to stick with?
2) BigWigs is completely fine, but we have run into a case in recent times where BigWigs will conflict with DBM, would you be willing to switch to DBM if necessary? Ultimately not an issue right now, but just looking forward.
3) You mention that you're 17, due you foresee school/college/work getting in the way in the future? Sometimes the issue arises as well where younger players are beholden to their parents and it causes an issue in scheduling, do you foresee any issues there?
4) What's your feeling on the Archimonde mount? As it stands right now there's a lot of veteran members in line for the mount, to the extent there aren't even enough for our own group. It's highly unlikely you would be prioritized over veteran members that worked to learn the fight in-guild, would this be a dealbreaker?

Thanks again and I look forward to your responses!
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby lel » Sun May 29, 2016 5:07 pm

1. I am not returning, just looking for a new guild.
2. I can, but I prefer bigwigs
3. I can't say for certain, but it has not got in the way for most of my raiding career.
4. I don't mind not getting the mount. Although our only mount went to an old TFO raider. Not fun.
lel

Postby jimboberjim » Sun May 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Finally, someone else can take my job and have the pleasure of summoning everyone!

Gear wise everything looks good for destruction with number of kills available to you for loot drops. The talents are spot on for both specs and the glyphs for affliction are on point.

My one concern and question is in regards to the glyph choices for destruction, specially Dark Soul and Ember Tap. Curious as to why you picked both of them as they are both a DPS loss vs survival glyphs such as Siphon life and eternal resolve?

Beyond that everything else looks good.
You, will not, proceed! *smash* Gandorf! Noooooo!
jimboberjim

Postby lel » Sun May 29, 2016 11:07 pm

I've always used dark soul just to get more damage out of trinket procs. And the ember tap glyph was mainly just for dueling people and I guess I never changed it back.
lel

Postby Bruniik » Mon May 30, 2016 2:49 am

lel wrote:4. I don't mind not getting the mount. Although our only mount went to an old TFO raider. Not fun.

Lol good old' idotfast, god of mount luck.
Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
Bruniik

Postby Xella » Mon May 30, 2016 9:34 am

Do you pronounce your name "EYE-ehl" or just "lehl"? Guessing the latter but you never know! :P
Basanti: Beast Mastery hunter, but mostly just bad. Also Primary Web Monkey.
Xella
Official Web Monkey

Postby lel » Mon May 30, 2016 9:55 am

The latter
lel

Postby Nahela » Mon May 30, 2016 10:09 am

We'd like to grant you a trial if you could get in touch with someone in-game! :)
Note: Most of the guild has Overwatch fever at the moment, but should be able to track down a member of leadership to get you setup today or tomorrow before raid time at the very least.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Stronkendary » Mon May 30, 2016 11:43 am

Xella wrote:Do you pronounce your name "EYE-ehl" or just "lehl"? Guessing the latter but you never know! :P

You know we're just gonna call him LUL :P
Stronkendary

Postby Xella » Mon May 30, 2016 3:19 pm

Yeah well, a girl can dream.

(at least he's not Iël?)
Basanti: Beast Mastery hunter, but mostly just bad. Also Primary Web Monkey.
Xella
Official Web Monkey

Postby Breadzie » Mon May 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Did I miss the logs post?
Breadzie

Postby Stronkendary » Mon May 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Breadzie wrote:Did I miss the logs post?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 5/latest/#
Stronkendary

Return to Recruitment/Apply