Vaidaen - 733 Mage

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Vaidaen - 733 Mage

Postby Gandaen » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:24 pm

Character's Name:
Vaidaen

Class:
Mage

Server:
Korgath

What is your normal raiding spec?:
Been playing Frost mostly this tier, but I can also play Arcane too.

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:

Vaniila: Only PuG'd MC/Onyxia 40 man and ZG 20 man
BC: Killed everything except Illidan and Sunwell pre-nerf.
Wrath: T7, T8 with some HMs, 4/5 25H ToGC and 11/12 25H ICC pre-nerf @ 15%
Cata: 3/13 T11 10H and 3/7 Firelands 10H before I took a long break from raiding for almost 4 years.
WoD: 3/7M HM and 10/10H pre-nerf before I switched to Mage from DK the beginning of 6.2. 8/13M with Mythic Archimonde attempts up to P3.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:

Moral Sanctify - Zangarmarsh - Longest time I was with this guild during Burning Crusade as a Ret Paladin. Went to join a friends guild when Wrath was really close to release.

Does Something Amazing - Turalyon: Joined my friend's guild for T7 until Ulduar came around.

Aversion - Laughing Skull: Was with them for T8 up to T10 and rerolled from Ret to Enhance Shaman. H LK decided to hit us with attendance issues, etc. so I took a break around then.

Single Female Tauren - Boulderfist: I joined them as my Ret Paladin again and decided to try out the 10 man format. Managed to go 3/13 T11 and 3/7 Firelands 10H before I had real life problems during the summer and I needed to change some things in my life drastically. I didn't raid any after that, even in Mists.

Addiction II - Durotan: Came back this expansion as a Death Knight and decided to join them for 3/7M and 10/10H. My mom needed to have surgery and someone needed to take care of her, so I took a break in March 2015 and came back in 6.2.

Pulse - Deathwing: I rerolled to my Mage and had to seriously start from scratch. They needed a Mage at the time, so I joined them and really enjoyed their atmosphere. I had to quit around in October, since I had a rough semester with classes that took a toll on me.

Experiment IV: Came back in November, but it was pretty hard to find a guild that fits with your chemistry for a while. They were looking for a Mage for Mannoroth, but little did I know I would be helping them progress on Mythic Archimonde. I transferred to Alliance and joined them this year in January. We started having problems with some people quitting on us, including a MT (which I don't know what was going on with him.) We had a few nights that raids were cancelled and it just seemed like we weren't gonna get past P2 for a while; knowing that M Archimonde is not an easy boss. I didn't see eye to eye with some things while we were doing Mythic Archimonde. At that point, I decided to parted ways with them.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:

I currently live in CST time, which I'm a few hours away from Chicago. Those times would actually work for me.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):

ElvUI, Big Wigs, Weak Auras, TellMeWhen, Iskar Assist, Exorsus Raid Tools.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):

Current UI: http://imgur.com/C9DwQaL
Old UI on M Archimonde: http://imgur.com/d0Hyuay

Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/107508

I know I haven't done any other bosses Mythic for a while besides Archimonde (went under Cyrethan in January,) but have a heroic HFC clear I recently did a week ago.

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... n/advanced

Currently play Arcane, since it's obviously good this tier, so I have no problem playing that spec.

Why do you wish to join DS?:

Berith talked to me in-game and your guild looks like something that would fit with me well, especially since your guild has been around during Vanilla. I'm looking for a good home that I want to settle with long-term and will be going into Legion.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:
For one, you would have someone that has done most of Mythic Archimonde at least. I'm also someone that wants to improve myself overall; even though we're not all perfect, and can handle criticism that's not in the form of rage screams every wipe or attempt. My raid awareness is pretty high, so I feel that having that helps out even more in the long run.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:
WoW, played some Aion and Guild Wars 2 a little bit way back then.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:

Currently a student that's pretty close to finishing my degree in Computer Science. Besides that, I'm a gym dude and love death metal music. Even got to hang with the dudes from Dark Tranquillity and Allegaeon a few years ago when they played in Chicago.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)
Berith talked to me in-game and said I should apply to here.
Gandaen

Re: Vaidaen - 733 Mage

Postby Nahela » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:18 am

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to fill out the application thoroughly! Just wanted to let you know we've seen this and will get you more information shortly!
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Kattii » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Hi! We would love to give you a trial. You can ask for an invite from myself, Naha or Ancksunamu
Kattii
Recruitment Manager

Postby Ancksunamun » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Kattii wrote:Hi! We would love to give you a trail. You can ask for an invite from myself, Naha or Ancksunamu

Ill give ya an Oregon Trail.
Ancksunamun

Postby Nahela » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:24 pm

Ancksunamun wrote:
Kattii wrote:Hi! We would love to give you a trail. You can ask for an invite from myself, Naha or Ancksunamu

Ill give ya an Oregon Trail.

Kattii's spelling died of dysentery
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Kattii » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:42 pm

gdi i saw it on my own and hoped to change it before everyone else did
Kattii
Recruitment Manager

Postby Gandaen » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Hey there, this is Vaidaen. I talked to Nahelia last night and I'd be happy to trial with you guys for this week! See you all later tonight!
Gandaen

Return to Recruitment/Apply