Taboo's Application

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Taboo's Application

Postby Taboos » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:35 am

Character's Name:

Taboos

Class:

Shaman

Server:

Stormrage

What is your normal raiding spec?:

Enhancement

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:

9/13M, I've been raiding in World of Warcraft since October 2nd, 2015. I had a little experience prior to WoW in Wildstar and Tera. So really my only experience is these last 2 months or so Mythic raiding.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:

Stardust-Stormrage: I needed a break because some very bad things happened in real life, when I arrived back home about 3 weeks after leaving most of the core team I had raided with moved to another guild called Chaotic Serenity on the same server.

Chaotic Serenity: I loved this guild dearly, some of my best online buddies were/are apart of it. However, after about 3 weeks of this guild being a new group and railing through Mythic HFC like it was butter, we hit a mental wall. Our GM and RL have not been to raid in almost 2 weeks, and the clique of my friends who I joined with and another group that had joined Chaotic Serenity around the same time as us started having conflicted with each other. Words were thrown before, during, and after raiding sometimes subtlety sometimes not. The gist is, this bickering started to have a toll on our progression. first we stopped doing progression and now we have regressed to the point where lower HFC bosses are seemingly unbeatable with that current group. I don't like internal struggle or conflict and left as soon as shit hit the fan. I still keep in contact with a few of them but I'm try and fulfill something with the time I spend raiding.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:

I can make times and my schedule is quite flexible.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):

I used DBM, ERT, Angry Assignments, Iskar Assist, and Weak Auras for raiding. Discord is my absolute favourite voip right now and I've been personally promoting it since August of last year. I can definitely hop in Discord if you want.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):

Here is a screenshot from a heroic pug http://i.imgur.com/vA1u3pM.jpg

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... oos/simple

Why do you wish to join DS?:

One of the only guilds that responded to my advert, and tied for the closest to my current personal progression.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:

Knowledgeable, and have and still do spend the time to check up on what I could be doing differently. (IE: Firepower Fridays /r/wow, personal testing and reviewing logs.) I'm not the best but I'm getting better.
Punctuality, if there is a time I'm absent it will be rare and scheduled far in advance.
I have a competitive mindset, I know what it takes to progress and become better at whatever task is at hand. Eventually I will be one of the best Shamans there are. When I set my mind to something I get results.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:

Wildstar: GA 6/6 ; Warrior DPS

Tera: Manaya's Core cleared pre-nerf

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:

I'm twenty years old, my main and only real hobby right now is raiding as it is still a pretty new experience to me. I'm going to school to become an automotive technician for a large American dealership, however school is only part time right now so my schedule is pretty relaxed and I'm available for most nights of the week whether it be raid nights or just catching up on some VP farm. If you care to know more we can talk about that on discord.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)

Here is the post your officer/GM responded to, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742324596#1
Taboos

Re: Taboo's Application

Postby Taboos » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:42 am

I have to apologize for my spelling errors, it's nearly 5am here and I didn't proof-read until after I had clicked submit.
Taboos

Postby Stronkendary » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:05 am

Pretty impressive APP, i'm sure an officer will get to you soon :D
Stronkendary

Postby Osterfeuer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:44 am

Taboos wrote:Eventually I will be one of the best Shamans there are. When I set my mind to something I get results

Awesome, we've been looking to replace Bread. He's getting too complacent being solo sham..
Osterfeuer

Postby Nahela » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Hey there! Things look good from this end, so we'd like to offer you a trial if you're available to transfer over! :) I do want to note that we're heading into the progression portion for the week, so you may not be an immediate priority on raid comp (though having a real Enhance instead of Bread would be nice), but would be in from the get-go next cycle.

If you need any further information you can send me a PM or reply here on the boards as well and I can answer any additional questions you may have.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Ancksunamun » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:12 pm

Bread's becoming quite stale.
Ancksunamun

Postby Taboos » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:21 pm

If I can trial pre-transfer that would work best for me.

Besides that I am locked to a mythic run for this week, We raided yesterday before I decided to start looking for another guild. So if there isn't a spot for me to trial this week anyway, that's totally fine with me.

Lunacy#1277
Taboos

Postby Osterfeuer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:48 pm

Ancksunamun wrote:Bread's becoming quite stale.

People sure are on a roll with these Bread puns lately.
Osterfeuer

Postby Ancksunamun » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Osterfeuer wrote:
Ancksunamun wrote:Bread's becoming quite stale.

People sure are on a roll with these Bread puns lately.

Don't be too buttery Oster
Ancksunamun

Postby Nahela » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:44 pm

Taboos wrote:If I can trial pre-transfer that would work best for me.

Besides that I am locked to a mythic run for this week, We raided yesterday before I decided to start looking for another guild. So if there isn't a spot for me to trial this week anyway, that's totally fine with me.

Lunacy#1277

I greatly prefer people transfer, as you won't get the full guild experience cross-server. However, in the efforts of meeting halfway we could do that for next week and see how it goes.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Breadzie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:19 pm

I'm really getting sliced up in this thread.

@Naha, real enhance... I'll try to do better than 3rd on overall dps next time :-p

App looks good to me. Link to logs for the lazy?
Breadzie

Postby Taboos » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Taboos

Postby Ancksunamun » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:39 am

ME:
You app'd to our guild and i was just following up if you found a new home?
Draconic Savant for reference
Lunacy 10:37 PM
Ah yeah. I'm so sorry I've been late on updating everyone. You're going to want to mark me off as an applicant. I've changed servers and decided to start from the ground up with a new guild.
It was sort of a last minute decision today. I appreciate that you went out of your way to keep up with me though.

No shaman for bread
Ancksunamun

Postby Frostysocks » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:19 pm

My shaman is always ready.
Frostysocks

Return to Recruitment/Apply