Othman the Death Knight

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Othman the Death Knight

Postby Othman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:43 am

Character's Name: Othman

Class: Death Knight

Server: Sister of Elune

What is your normal raiding spec?: DPS

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!:
-alot of experiance in PuG raids but never raided in a guild since Wrath of the Lich King. I m not the raid leader type, i usually go into raid, do my part right (means do high dps as i can, do mechanics, not standing in stupid, not getting myself killed, roll loot leave the raid and forget about everyone i met in a PuG. to check for more detail, you can check my armory link or ;

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/ ... ne/Othman/

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important:
- Claws of Alexstraza, this guild is where my long time friend is in when he's not playing. They re a casual guild. a neutral guild that only relax and enjoy the game. No hardcore here. i didnt want to leave but if i want to progress or experiance a raiding guild i just have too. I spent 3 expansion PuGing raids, learning the ropes on my own, making mistakes and all that.

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?:

-i can raid at any time however my time frame is UTC +8.00 , For now i am not in attach to any commitment but as soon as i do; i,e: got a job. I will let you know the time changes.

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs):

- DBM, Elvui, Skada. and TellMeWhen. Thats the only addon i use for raids since having too many addon hinders my UI and i also use certian addon for special boss such as iskarassit or any future bosses that require special addon.

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:

- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... man/simple

Why do you wish to join DS?:
- I heard from a friend of mine that DS has two things, Good people and Good players. Which is pretty rare in my case lately.

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?:
- I dont know, that depends weather the guild thinks i ll be a good addition or not. I m nothing special but one thing i can say is that i am dedicated.

Previous MMORPG Experience?:
-hmm.... ;

1.Rift online
-(Sold that account and quit that game but i spend 2 years playing it)

2.SWTOR (Star Wars : The Old Republic)
-(i spend 4 years in that game in both PvP and PvE -i.e ; Raids (they call it Ops there) sold my account twice but recently started playing again however the Endgame is pretty stale there compare to WoW)

3.Elder Scroll Online
-(been playing that on and off. jumping from one faction to another. Simply said the PvE is okay, havent gotten into serious raiding there because of two reason; most of the guild are either Trader's guild, PvP Cyrodiil War guilds and Roleplaying Guilds. PvE guild are hard to find and only a handful which include extremely competative pve players that only hand pick the best of the best). Second are .. well the PvP there is awesome, one huge map of world pvp, taking forts, destroying forts, using siege weapons and battle it out in hundreds of players. Similar to guild wars although i did not play that game before.

4.World of Warcraft
-I have been playing this game for more than...9 years. Started during the burning crusade, my first server was Scarlet Crusade and my first toon is a paladin of the same name. Now i am not a fan of alts and i do not like to have more than 1 even through its more beneficial because thats how i play my game. I have lived through out 5 expansion, at times i play on and off.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!:

-I am a 29 year old male, living in the south east asia country known as Malaysia. Yes, i am asian but i am not chinese. i ve been playing MMORPG since collage and now i m living off as a freelance Website Designer.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc)

- Jpettry, i ve met this guy on one of my random PuG. I may have run with his former guild ; Dragon Blood i think.. and we got along quite well. He is the one who recommend me to this Guild.
Othman

Re: Othman the Death Knight

Postby Xella » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:35 am

Mostly because it comes up a fair amount, be aware that Korgath is GMT -6 right now and will be GMT -5 starting March 13. Malaysia doesn't observe daylight savings to my knowledge, but Korgath/DS does. Since you don't have any time restrictions at the moment it's probably not immediately applicable, but something to keep in mind I guess, haha.

(For reference, our raid schedule in GMT +8 is 9am-noon on Wed, Thu, and Fri; after March 13 it'll be 8am-11am Wed, Thu, and Fri. Personally I'm not sure I could ever force myself to wake up pre-8am to raid but I have a hard time waking myself up at 3:30pm to raid at 5pm my time some weeks :x)
Basanti: Beast Mastery hunter, but mostly just bad. Also Primary Web Monkey.
Xella
Official Web Monkey

Postby Othman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:49 pm

huh... you did your research on the time frame, yes sometimes i had to wake up around 5 am to 9 am just to raid. thats how it is for me back then in Wotlk in a raiding guild and also i am one day ahead of you so to me its Thursday, Friday and Saturday.. all in all , thats how it is for me and hence why i had dedication.
Othman

Postby Nahela » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:12 am

I believe your times would be Wed/Thurs/Fri as Xella was already accounting for the time difference.

Talents are pretty standard, so no comments there, but do you ever use Glyph of Regenerative Magic? It's pretty potent both in terms of survivability and RP generation.

I'm going to comment similarly here as I did on the other DK app, though you have a bit more gear/experience. Given that you don't have any current Mythic experience, it's likely that you would only see 'farm' bosses during your trial period (either for the start of it or in its entirety), which currently include Iskar, Socrethar, Tyrant, Zakuun, and Xhul. We very rarely run the first half of the instance as the gear is no longer needed nor do we run H Archimonde anymore as the vast majority have fully upgraded rings. This means you'd need to do some legwork on your own outside of raid time to make sure your ring stays up to date (though it's worth noting guild members do run Mythic dungeons a fair amount).

Given that there's a transfer involved, I wanted to be upfront about what you should expect before we make a decision either way. If you have any additional comments or questions, I'll be happy to answer them for you.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Othman » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:23 pm

Understood the "Farm Bosses" part, wont be suprise by it either and i m working on the ring update, hopefully i ll get toward 795 in 3~2 weeks time. However i wont be able to transfer anytime soon since the US currency went up lately so it might take me awhile or i might as well xfer when the expansion comes out.

Yes, i use that glyph of Regenerative Magic, its just that i like to swap my glyph from time to time.
Othman

Postby Nahela » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:45 am

Othman wrote:However i wont be able to transfer anytime soon since the US currency went up lately so it might take me awhile or i might as well xfer when the expansion comes out.

That's unfortunate! Downsides of our currency here not being total garbage right now :( Let me know if that changes, though I can't guarantee we'll have an opening.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Return to Recruitment/Apply