Kynyssael

Looking to join Draconic Savant? Post your application here!

Kynyssael

Postby Kynyssael » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi, I am interested in joining your guild for the end of WoD and Legion so ill give it a shot^^

Character's Name: Kynyssaell

Class: Death Knight

Server: Wyrmrest-Accord (willing to server change)

What is your normal raiding spec?: Blood / UH, Though i can play all 3 (4) spec of the Death Knight

What raiding experience do you have? Give details!: I was in a raiding team back in Wotlk but i then took a break until the end of MoP, I did follow through WoD but i never join a team.

What guilds were you previously in and why did you leave? Details are important: No guild currently

What playtimes do you have? Draconic Savant raids starting at 7:00pm CST/Server (8:00pm EST) and ends by 10:00pm CST/Server (11:00pm EST) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday - rarely we do raid past that time. Being a raiding guild, we require people to typically make raids at least 80% of the time. Do these times work for you?: I wouldnt be posting an apply if that was not the case ^^

What add-ons/programs do you use? DS requires the use of Discord for raiding as well as an applicable boss mod (DBM/BigWigs): I use ElvUi, Dbm, Magic Rune and i have all possible Voice chat installed

Show us a screenshot of your UI, preferably in combat (if you're unsure where to upload, imgur is always a good choice):
On this image you see my Disposition and keybinding in use right now

Give us a link to your armory, be sure to log off in the appropriate gear:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Kynyssaell/simple

Why do you wish to join DS?:
I am looking to join a mythic team for the end of this xpac and get into a team for when Legion will be out. I am a raider to the core and realy wish to be able to join other peple with teh same will to succeed as me ^^

Why do you believe you would be a good addition to DS? What sets you apart?: I believe i have my place here as i am a very polite and likeable individual, as well a very fast learner and fast reactiont ime player who has a very strong will to succeed in getting over obstacle. While i do not have mythic experience yet, i do think the end of an xpac is the right time to start and get some.

Previous MMORPG Experience?: Wow (since BC), FF14, Blade and Soul, Guild War 2, and various other MMO.

Tell us about yourself! DS is a family and we want all new members to feel welcome and incorporated in this guild. Help us get to know you better!: I am a 21 year old French Canadian from Montreal. I may have few lose screw but i am a funny guy that can easily make difference between time where i can be silly and time i need to be serious. English isnt my native tongue but i speak it with ease.
Beside from Wow, i enjoy watch anime and reading manga, or just relaxing reading book.

Lastly, how did you hear about us? (Tankspot, Realm Forums, Recruitment General, Personal Reference, etc): Battlenet forum

In hope to work with you in a near future ^^

-Kynyssaell
Kynyssael

Re: Kynyssael

Postby Xella » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:17 am

When you're in a raid environment, where are your raid frames and boss mod timers? Your UI isn't actually as crowded as I initially thought (since your screenshot is wider than the forum shows; one of these days I'll get an auto-resizer installed and stop getting hoodwinked by my own layout, sigh) but it's not immediately clear to me where those would be.

Also, is your rune tracker always that large, or does it collapse when you have fewer runes? Can you see things that spawn under your feet?

(this is largely just me trying to desperately cover up my lack of DK knowledge, shh don't tell anybody even though I just did it myself)
Basanti: Beast Mastery hunter, but mostly just bad. Also Primary Web Monkey.
Xella
Official Web Monkey

Postby Kynyssael » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:25 am

I usualy run at 20 fps in a 30+ raid environment (yes i have low setting XD) and the rune will show the cooldown, so when they are recharging i can clearly see under my feet (my screen resolution is 1980 and is very large, that might be why xD) the boss timer are on the left (next to pet bar) and come right over the rune time when they are close to be casted.
Kynyssael

Postby Xella » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:42 am

Gotcha. I always get a little bit nervous when things cover my feet, even only partially, just because there's so much stuff that you HAVE to look out for there but everybody's UI is different and different things work for different people.

Hopefully someone who actually Knows Stuff™ will be around soon, haha
Basanti: Beast Mastery hunter, but mostly just bad. Also Primary Web Monkey.
Xella
Official Web Monkey

Postby Nahela » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:07 am

Holy cow that's a large forum sig, that sorta crushes our usual sig height preferences :P

Anyway, actual relevant important things!

Do you switch talents often? I see you're currently using PL/BoS, but it's worth noting that Necrotic Plague becomes fairly important in a large number of Mythic encounters for the sheer amount of adds present. Also given that there's very little worthwhile to D.Sim in HFC, I'd recommend using Glyph of Blood Boil instead.

My biggest concerns here, of course, come with the lack of experience and gear. With our current raiding schedule we're no longer doing H Archimonde or the first half of Mythic HFC (i.e. Assault -> Gorefiend). This means that you'll need to put in a fair amount of effort outside of the raid to acquire any necessary heroic pieces as well as to continue progressing your legendary ring. While it's likely that you would be taken to farm bosses (Iskar, Socrethar, Tyrant, Zakuun, Xhul), it's unlikely that you would see progression until you had significantly more experience and we were able to see your performance as essentially all of our farm content is 'progression' for you.

Given that a transfer is involved, these are some important things to think about, so I wanted to be upfront before we gave you an answer one way or another. If you have additional thoughts on the matter, feel free to reply and I can answer any questions you might have.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Kynyssael » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 am

Thanks for your reply ^^ here the answer for the question =3 :

1 : While i usualy run BoS, I have about 3 stack of tome in my bag as i switch talent very (very.. xD) often ( for my blood spec as well) to accommodate the current bosses.

2: The glyph of D.sim is one i use for some bosses but i can easily swap it out ^^ thx for the tips =P

3 : While indeed i am lacking experience and some gear, i am currently working on fixing it ^^. I only ask to be given a chance =3

4 : I was planning to switch realm anyway so it won't be much of a problem.

Now for my personal reason to join a raid team is , i am a pve player ( i love to raid and see all possible way to defeat a powerful enemy). I am also trying to make my proof for when legion come out and be up date in that xpac.

-Kyny
Kynyssael

Postby Nahela » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:48 am

Which bosses do you use D.Sim glyph on? To be honest, the only one that comes to mind for me with significant impact is Iskar to snag the Shadowy Riposte, or Assault to grab a Fel Volley, but there might be some better uses that I'm not actually aware of!

As for a trial, we're willing to give it a shot, though I do want to reiterate all of the above. It's also worth noting that we're through our farm content for this week, so it's up to you if you want to transfer now to get acclimated with the guild a bit on a personal level or if you want to hold off until the weekend or so in preparation for next week.
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Postby Kynyssael » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:25 am

Ill be transfering after i did my farewell t my friend on my server (probably sunday)
Kynyssael

Postby Nahela » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:46 am

Kynyssael wrote:Ill be transfering after i did my farewell t my friend on my server (probably sunday)

Just let us know when you're on-server and we'll have someone get you setup in guild
Nahela
Fearless Leader!

Return to Recruitment/Apply